Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter: If Up To Us, Canelo Rematch Would Be Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    !50K + 170K = 320K

Canelo/Smith = 270k

Your maths = shit for brains.
    adding two events with bigger recognized names to Smith? which motion are you for?

Nelo's first PPV was Smith also. Warren loves working with Oscar. It's the right thing to do when making money.

Comment

you know he's gonna run

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
        They know Canelo is going to wait until May to return, so why haven't K2 already booked GGG to fight somebody else in the meantime? They say they want GGG to fight up to 4 times per year, and at his age he probably can't afford to sit on the shelf collecting dust. If he waits too long, and if Canelo goes in another direction, Golovkin may end-up on "I'm a Celebrity" with Amir Khan.
        If GGG decided to fight someone else before Canelo, Oscar would use that as an excuse to delay fighting him till Sept.

Any boxing fan with a brain can see what's going on here - Oscar is stalling on finalizing the GGG/Canelo rematch in the hope that Lemiuex beats Saunders. If that happens Canelo will fight Lemiuex for the WBO belt in May instead of rematching Golovkin.

Comment

Stall 2.0 in full effect. Run red boy, run.

Comment

If GGG decided to fight someone else before Canelo, Oscar would use that as an excuse to delay fighting him till Sept.

Any boxing fan with a brain can see what's going on here - Oscar is stalling on finalizing the GGG/Canelo rematch in the hope that Lemiuex beats Saunders. If that happens Canelo will fight Lemiuex for the WBO belt in May instead of rematching Golovkin.
            I think that’s just about right. You’ll see a less tentative Golovkin in their next go around and GB knows it. I like Canelo but Oscar is a master manipulator.

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
              isn't it pathetic that Canelo fights no name Smith and sells more than GGG vs Jacobs and Lemiuex combined. GGG needs to be thankful to Canelo. Now his family doesn't have to live in a third world shi+ hole.
              Isn't it pathetic that a supposed boxing fan doesnt want to see one of the most anticipated rematches?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                You stupid mother****er! 250K is still more than 97K...
                So of course g string is gonna wait on Canelo! 😂😂
                I don't know why people continue to say distort GGG's ppv numbers. They were not great. No one disputes that. But the Lemieux fight sold around 150k. The Jacobs fight sold around 170k. I don't know why this 97k number keeps showing up but its not true.

Comment

didn't you say BJS beats Canelo anywhere outside of Vegas?! You rock BJS.. shouldNt you be focused on BJS' fight in Canada? How does BJS beat Canelo but not Lemieux? lol

Your focus is elementary. Look at the WBO rankings at 160. Canelo will fight BJS anyways for the WBO should Lemieux lose.

I already made a thread before that I don't understand how people are rubbing off BJS to win, I say BJS will beat Lemieux on a close card. All he gotta do is box and move as he normally does.

Don'T you see that Warren and Oscar like the current road path? BJS is expected to win! Which is good news for you, then you can finally ride with BJS vs Canelo, because apparently you're focusing on Lemieux...

Comment

Exactly. Alot of GGG haters say GGG should just move on from Canelo. I wish GGG would as well because I hate having to wait so long between his fights. But the fact of the matter is that no one would choose to take that kind of action if they were in GGG's position. No one. If Lara, the Charlo brothers, Jacobs, Andrade all found themselves in GGG's position all would hold out to see if they could get that Canelo fight. So I don't think people should crap on GGG for not wanting to risk it. I just think he's being played. I guarantee that if Lemieux beats Saunders he'll be Canelo's next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
                      It all stems back to K2 and Frank Warren. Instead of Unifying in Astana Expo 2017, as Dan Rafael tried to insinuate or make out theory as to the HBO tarps for years (and keep in mind Rafael is ESPN...), Team GGG decided to fight Canelo instead. The only theories as to why K2 ditched Astana was because GBP enticed Loeffler about the guaranteed fight, and of course non disclosure to the public.

In other words, don't fight BJS, leave that for us, and we'll give you Canelo.

If K2 didn't fight Alvarez, and instead they fought BJS, and assume they became undisputed, then GBP would have no power of A side negotiations since K2 has all the straps and the backing of industry, so in other words Nelo would have to see GGG one way or another for a title fight as the B side.

So basically K2 has done very poor business moves. It's just the way it is. I'm telling yall, GGG needs to move up for one last hooray. Draining at 160 is pointless, we all seen how fat he gets like BJS when not fighting ''4 times'' a year...

Welcome to the major leagues mang!
                      I agree with you. I think not fighting BJS last June was a mistake. I won't hold it against GGG and K2 because they got the fight they really wanted but if GGG had beaten BJS he would have had all the leverage. Canelo would have had to fight GGG or else spend all his time at 160 fighting non-title fights. Now, the winner of BJS and Lemieux who has the leverage. They could pick and choose who gets a shot at their belt and GGG doesn't have the financial support to win them over.

Comment

Working...
                      X