Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: Hearn's Offer For Joshua Was "Ridiculously Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair call too, why should Parker sell himself short? They are both champions Joshua should want to fight the best. Parker has other options, seems Hearn has lost his pen.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
      Fair call too, why should Parker sell himself short? They are both champions Joshua should want to fight the best. Parker has other options, seems Hearn has lost his pen.
      Joshua has more options than Parker lol.

He could fight me and it would sell out a stadium

Parker isnt getting a payday anywhere else.

What Parker does have is time. He doesnt need to make the fight now, he can wait it out. He knows Joshua wants all teh belts and if he has the last one and he is patient enough eventually they will have to pay him. All he needs to do is satisfy whatever BS mando the WBO throw up and he is good

Comment

i wouldnt hold my breath on that 50-50 split with wilder if he beats joshua to become a unified champion. seems like maybe parker is being handled by a crazy person

Comment

lol

In what world would WBC/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder split the pot 50/50 with a one-defense WBA Champion who's never left New Zealand for a fight and just did 6000 "buys" on YouTube?

The funniest thing about all of this is Povetkin is bearing down on Parker's neck and beats him pretty handedly, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            In what world would WBC/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder split the pot 50/50 with a one-defense WBA Champion who's never left New Zealand for a fight and just did 6000 "buys" on YouTube?

The funniest thing about all of this is Povetkin is bearing down on Parker's neck and beats him pretty handedly, tbh.
            Good point id forgotten about that. Nobody is gonna want that belt lol.

Not saying people are scared of Pov because im a fan (I was but not anymore), but nobody will want a drug cheat as dangerous as him if they can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Hearn is F'n INSANE!!! No Champion is going to the UK and put their belt on the line for 20% mandatory #1 money...70/30 is VERY fair.
              Parker has Lucas Browne (which he'd still have to travel to Browne's Australia for) and the Povetkin fight (which he loses) facing him. Joshua doesn't have to fight Parker, so working from the mandatory number is a mistake.

Joshua giving Parker 30% would literally be bending over no Vaseline for nothing more than the WBO trinket (Parker doesn't bring TV and his fans don't travel).

If that's the move Duco wants to push, Joshua fights the WBA mandatory in the spring, Wilder in the summer, and/or then Hearn and Povetkin's promoter play hash out the terms for their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                If you're gonna tell the story tell the whole story, Parker didnt factor into any of those sales, he took a fiat fee in escrow from Hennessy for his troubles of travelling, £1.4m, sterling not dollars. He had his own NZ ppv sales too, he didnt earn a cent from those youtube sales, Hennessy handled all that side trying to recoup his fee to Team Parker, it's widely acknowledged he made a loss none of that reflected on Parker whatsoever.
                1.4 million British pounds to Joseph Parker, for a British promoter, was a money loser on a fight in the UK.

Compare that to Matchroom Sport basically offering $4m to Deontay Wilder for a fight in the UK against Dillian Whyte (with there still being money there to work with before the potential Wilder fight would turn in the red).

Joseph Parker is a money loser on the UK equivalent of $2m, yet he deserves a big stake in a full event why?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Joshua has more options than Parker lol.

He could fight me and it would sell out a stadium

Parker isnt getting a payday anywhere else.

What Parker does have is time. He doesnt need to make the fight now, he can wait it out. He knows Joshua wants all teh belts and if he has the last one and he is patient enough eventually they will have to pay him. All he needs to do is satisfy whatever BS mando the WBO throw up and he is good
                  Povetkin having that mandatory eliminator before the end of the year gives Parker far less time than folks think.

Big Australia fight with Lucas Browne, and then a likely trip to Russia for Povetkin (the WBO isn't in the CBP).

Bet on your talent, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Good point id forgotten about that. Nobody is gonna want that belt lol.

Not saying people are scared of Pov because im a fan (I was but not anymore), but nobody will want a drug cheat as dangerous as him if they can help it.
                    The WBC and WBA have both adopted the CBP initiatives (with the IBF likely soon to follow, unless they find a way to go with USADA); testing will be written into the contract of every fight with Deontay Wilder going forward, and I don't think that Hearn/Joshua would act any different in a fight with Povetkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      we are all biased at some point...

... tbh, I would rather watch AJ fighting Big Baby instead...
                      Big baby not ready at all for any of top heavyweights **** I’ll give Charles Martin a good shot to beat him

Comment

Working...
                      X