Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: Hearn's Offer For Joshua Was "Ridiculously Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lolasif View Post
    Parker is running out of time. Povetkin will be coming for that belt by the end of 2018.
    Sooner than that; if the WBO follows it's own rules, you're basically talking about the voluntary defense window closing by July 2018.

Lucas Browne in Australia, and then Povetkin as basically the fight after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Maybe, but even then Wilder-Whyte likely sells out the O2 Arena.

Even without a deal with Sky, you'd assume that a guy making so much noise over the Joshua talks would've at least been able to sell a few tickets in the UK.
      No. Sky have the advertising if Warren promoted Whyte he wouldn't sell the O2 versus Wilder, he just doesn't have the ability to reach the casual soccer fan unlike Sky who have their own dedicated 'Sports' News channel.

Parker had no hand in selling tickets, he was paid a flat fee in escrow. Hennessy handled the entire promotion.

Comment

Sooner than that; if the WBO follows it's own rules, you're basically talking about the voluntary defense window closing by July 2018.

Lucas Browne in Australia, and then Povetkin as basically the fight after that.
        Parker has until September 18 to defend versus Povetkin, as it stands the likelihood is that that will be a more lucrative fight in Russia than the Joshua fight, why would Team Parker not take that fight over an AJ fight, the closer the mandatory gets the more desperate Hearn will become because he sure as shyt won't wanna send his boy to Russia for a unification.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          Parker has until September 18 to defend versus Povetkin, as it stands the likelihood is that that will be a more lucrative fight in Russia than the Joshua fight, why would Team Parker not take that fight over an AJ fight, the closer the mandatory gets the more desperate Hearn will become because he sure as shyt won't wanna send his boy to Russia for a unification.
          I think Eddie Hearn has far more confidence in battling wallets with WoB than Duco Events, and I think that he's more confident in Joshua winning that fight anyway than Duco is in Parker.

Comment

I think Eddie Hearn has far more confidence in battling wallets with WoB than Duco Events, and I think that he's more confident in Joshua winning that fight anyway than Duco is in Parker.
            It has nothing to do with Duco battling WOB, it's about what WOB can offer in comparison to Matchroom and I think we both know who has deeper pockets, hell does WOB even care about making profits ? Ryabinsky strikes me more of the Abramovich type, his money is simply a play thing.

Don't be surprised if Parker and AJ don't fight and Parker takes his belt off to Russia instead, wouldn't be a bad move really he's a solid chance of beating Povetkin but I wouldn't bank on it personally really depends where Povetkin is at and how much the PED's really have an effect on his performances. I'm sure Parker will be rewarded sufficiently for travelling yet I put as much faith on RUSADA as I do the UKAD after their handling of the Tyson Fury doping testing, none at all.

Comment

Working...
            X