Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: Hearn's Offer For Joshua Was "Ridiculously Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    hahahaha it didn't go to purse bids dipshyt. Pulev accepted an agreed upon amount beforehand which hasn't been disclosed, this was accepted by the IBF. In the event of a pull-out or injury the next in line receives the same amount. No time to change and negotiate contracts.

That's how it works, Takam got what Pulev was going to get, which hasn't been disclosed as it didn't go to purse bids.

If Hearn said to you, (you're the mandatory) you can take £3million or we can go to purse bids....then you as a rival promoter would have to bid £12million to secure the fight, just to get your fighter that £3million.

This is impossible for Pulev team to do, so they accept.

That's just an example. Whatever made above that in PPV, gate and everything else gets divided by Sky, Matchroom and Joshua, mandatory's have no right to anything unless agreed upon beforehand. In the case of a Joshua being a mandatory, this would be likely.
    How you know all this yet nothing has been disclosed??? End of the day you expect a champ to take the same cash as a 7 day fluffer training at some YMCA???

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
      I expect them to negotiate and meet at 35% just pointing out how Robbie defends all bull***** hearn says or does
      we are all biased at some point...

... tbh, I would rather watch AJ fighting Big Baby instead...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        How you know all this yet nothing has been disclosed??? End of the day you expect a champ to take the same cash as a 7 day fluffer training at some YMCA???
        I never gave exact details, I gave an example of how mandatory negotiations go.

What I do know is that the fight didn't go to purse bids, but I guarantee that Hearn didn't offer them 25% of the entire revenue, they accepted an offer, probably a set amount, to avoid the inevitable low purse bid from Hearn for less money.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          we are all biased at some point...

... tbh, I would rather watch AJ fighting Big Baby instead...
          ????

?????

I would watch that fight. Sorry had to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            I never gave exact details, I gave an example of how mandatory negotiations go.

What I do know is that the fight didn't go to purse bids, but I guarantee that Hearn didn't offer them 25% of the entire revenue, they accepted an offer, probably a set amount, to avoid the inevitable low purse bid from Hearn for less money.
            I know how these thing go. But I also know boxing is dirty and nothing is set is stone.

Comment

Parker doesn't even deserve 20%. The dude is on the same level as Charles Martin, but somehow lucked into fighting crap opposition and winning two fights by a hair.

This is ridiculous. AJ's selling out huge stadiums while getting paid 10s of millions of dollars, some unknown moron calls him out and all of a sudden it's Hearn's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Neither Parker nor Wilder make 30% of what AJ makes, but they are bringing a title and a perceived threat which makes a different even to casual AJ fans.
                Agreed.

There's a limit to how long Joshua can continue fighting guys outside the top 5. Eventually his own fans will turn on him.

We even saw a little of that after the Takam stoppage when the crowd booed.

In the end I don't give a crap about the purse I just want to see the fight. Not interested in seeing either guy fight no-hopers anymore.

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                There aren't that many high profile names that Parker can beat easily. maybe Lucas Browne, but he would struggle vs Breazeale and Miller, even Dillian Whyte and he would lose vs Ortiz and Povetkin.
                Parker would destroy Whyte and Breazeale, as would any top 10 heavyweight. Honestly I don't understand how Whyte keeps getting brought up, he's garbage.

Miller would trouble Parker based on styles IMO. Ortiz is banned...not sure about Povetkin, depends on if he's on the juice or not.

Comment

Parker just came off 6000 buys on youtube.

That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Parker just came off 6000 buys on youtube.

That's all.
                    If you're gonna tell the story tell the whole story, Parker didnt factor into any of those sales, he took a fiat fee in escrow from Hennessy for his troubles of travelling, £1.4m, sterling not dollars. He had his own NZ ppv sales too, he didnt earn a cent from those youtube sales, Hennessy handled all that side trying to recoup his fee to Team Parker, it's widely acknowledged he made a loss none of that reflected on Parker whatsoever.

Comment

I suspect we will see Wilder vs Parker in Vegas
                      Joshua will fight some bum at home in the UK
                      Wilder vs Parker in Vegas is a great fight

Comment

Working...
                      X