Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: Hearn's Offer For Joshua Was "Ridiculously Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was Parker I'd bite his hand off for 20% of total revenue, and I'd accept a rematch clause with splits reversed.

If Parker wins he has 3 belts and a rematch with a 80/20 split in his favour. Damn!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      They are entitled to that % of the purse yes, Parker wants 40% of the entire revenue, gate, PPV, the lot. You think Takam got 25-30% of the revenue from his last fight? He got what was negotiated beforehand and whatever the purse was for Hearn to secure the fight, all additional revenue over that figure was split between Sky, Matchroom and Joshua, not the mandatory fighter.

This is why Parker is pricing himself out. They want too much and are trying to sell the belt.
      Holy sht!!! He did get 20% for being a side job??? I didnt know that??? But still he wasnt the #1 or a Champion.

Comment

For those hating on Hearn go back and reread the article. That clueless pr1ck from Duco, Dave Higgins, says he won't accept a penny less than 40%. Stay off the crack Dave.

I'm not sure 70/30 is even very fair, I suspect even part of Parker's extended family don't even know who he is, belt or no belt. parker, based on visibility, [profile, tickets sold etc is worth about 10-15% tops. Went over to England to 'build his profile' and nobody came out to see him. He is a nonentity.

If you want to pay him a premium for the belt, say 5-10% then you get to around 25-30%. Otherwise let him keep his trinket and campaign out of half empty arenas in NZ or fighting Chinese nobodies in Macau until he faces a banana skin opponent and loses his belt for good.

Comment

Why is everyone soo obsessed with %, B side fighters don’t get a % they get offered a fixed $ amount. % is only a thing if is co-promoted and it won’t be.

And if Parker is so massively confident he’s at this level, $1M+ to become the unified champ of 3x belts, making him ‘the man’ would surely be enough. They want more money because they know he won’t win, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Link showing purses!!!! No FN way he got even 25%. Shut up or show link/purses.
            hahahaha it didn't go to purse bids dipshyt. Pulev accepted an agreed upon amount beforehand which hasn't been disclosed, this was accepted by the IBF. In the event of a pull-out or injury the next in line receives the same amount. No time to change and negotiate contracts.

That's how it works, Takam got what Pulev was going to get, which hasn't been disclosed as it didn't go to purse bids.

If Hearn said to you, (you're the mandatory) you can take £3million or we can go to purse bids....then you as a rival promoter would have to bid £12million to secure the fight, just to get your fighter that £3million.

This is impossible for Pulev team to do, so they accept.

That's just an example. Whatever made above that in PPV, gate and everything else gets divided by Sky, Matchroom and Joshua, mandatory's have no right to anything unless agreed upon beforehand. In the case of a Joshua being a mandatory, this would be likely.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... Forget the poster... But you, what did you expect Hearn to say/offer?... "he asked for 50%, but I'll give him 60%", right?
              I expect them to negotiate and meet at 35% just pointing out how Robbie defends all bull***** hearn says or does

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Just because you ******s have no financial sense. Fair is taking out what you put in. Not giving someone more than they put in.

You the only one been crying on about how much aj makes i just wanna see them fight

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  If the offer is too low then OK, but he's being stupidly confident that Parker with his WBO belt is going to get a 50/50 split with a Wilder who has 3 belts.
                  The insanity of it is just beyond belief. If he really thinks that Wilder would be happy with a 50-50 split after winning a mega fight and becoming a world superstar, he's going to be very disappointed. Honestly if Wilder ends up winning, Parker will be luck to get 10% coming to fight in Wilder's back yard, let alone 50.
                  I know their trying to cash out, but they need to be realistic. Parker is a literal nobody on the world stage, he's almost completely unknown. His unimpressive win over Fury wiped any excitement value he may have garnered previously.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    I expect them to negotiate and meet at 35% just pointing out how Robbie defends all bull***** hearn says or does
                    Not about Hearn you ******. I was saying the same damn thing when Golovkin was wanting 40% against Canelo. I'm not flip flopping like many ******s on here.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                      You the only one been crying on about how much aj makes i just wanna see them fight
                      WTF are you doing in threads about financials then if you don't care?

Comment

Working...
                      X