Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Why Do I Need 'Lower Standard' Whyte To Land Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    wouldn't be whyte one of his best opponents? or maybe the best?
    This. Beating Whyte doesn’t do anything for you? It brings you $4 million dollars dude. What did beating Washington do for you in terms of career
    Strategy or whatever? Nothing that I can see. And you were paid $900K. All the talk
    And BS from both sides is just hot air. I just want to know why since whyte is nothing special, why in the world would
    You not take a career high $4 million dollar payday to knock him out and get the bonus of big exposure in the UK? Why would he possibly refuse the Whyte fight, and instead go and fight Breazeale or somebody for another $900K or whatever, when you can make $4 million to fight a guy that he feels is no better than Breazeale? How does that make sense? Regardless of whether Bearn guarantees him the AJ fight next. All BS aside, passing up $4 million for easy work is where Deontay is jumping the shark. I’m not a huge fan of Wilder or Joshua. Im a boxing fan so i watch whenever either of them has a fight, and wish they would fight next and I hate boxing politics and other BS, but to me it all boils down to why would you pass up a $4 million Payday to fight a guy you think is a bum, and then go fight a different bum instead for 1/4 of the money? AJ fight obviously not happening next. It sucks, but that’s boxing. So with those facts being what they are, why pass up the easy big money? This whole AJ Wilder White thing is just annoying example
    Of what’s wrong with boxing

Comment

Because Deontay, This is boxing politics, and two things haven't happened yet. First, You haven't fought anybody considered a genuine threat, and second, you haven't shown you can perform on the road.

AJ gets a pass for travelling (for now) because of the huge live gates he receives. Wilder struggles to get 10,000 at an event whilst AJ could get 100,000 for a unification.

Comment

If Whyte weren't based in the U.K then the next best opponent would be Miller or Andy Ruiz Jr. Wilder could chase a fight with Hughie Fury which would do just as well as Whyte.

I'm all for Wilder v Joshua ASAP, but it's just not going to happen until as early as late 2018. Rumours are Joshua is pursuing a unification with Parker which would (if he wins) give him even more leverage over a Wilder negotiation as he would hold four of the five belts.

Parker has shown he's willing to travel, to fight authentic opposition (Fury, Ruiz Jr, ). People crap on him because he's not the wrecking ball Wilder and AJ are supposed to be. I wonder how they'd perform against Fury, Ruiz, Miller?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          basically wilder doesnt want to travel to the UK just to fight whyte WITHOUT having the AJ fight guaranteed as the very next fight and if AJ isnt guaranteed he wants more than 5 mil

if anything, wilder wants the AJ fight now! Its mostly some UK fans & hearn lover boys that are making excuses as to why the AJ fight wont happen etc.
          Name me a single poster from the UK who said they dont want to see AJ v Wilder.

As for the negotiations, Wilder is in no position to make nay sort of demand. Either take his biggest payday or keep fighting the likes of Stiverne and Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
            Even wilders admitting his previous opponents were rubbish. Whyte would be a step up from all of them and he's very average. Just beat Whyte and then AJ will knock you out in the summer.
            I’m of the same opinion too. Whyte would be a good test for Wilder. He’s better than Wilders previous opponents.

Comment

ok then who else?
              Fury? nope...

wlad? retired

AJ? hearn issues

ortiz? PED issues

Povetkin? ped issues

Pulev? maybe didnt he pull out the AJ fight with an injury?

whyte? I can see it but in the USA wilder wont go up there to the UK just to fight whyte who is not even the top fighter in the UK (mainly because the AJ fight is available at the moment)

hammer is fight PEDvetkin as of now

Parker? of course
              and maybe lucas browne if the parker fight is a no go

so who else then?
              Glaskov
              Jennings
              Browne
              Ruiz
              Takam

Were ranked by the WBC top 10 . Are you telling me Szpilka was better than those guys AT that time when he had made just ONE title defense to Molina ?

Lets break his resume down AFTER he wins the title.......

1st defense Molina rnk 7

2nd ddefense Duahaupus ranked 13

3 defense Szpilka rnk 9

4 .defense Arreola coming out of WAY left field AT THAT time not a top 10 or relevant fighter in those years ..

5 defense Washington who was ranked outside top 10 PRIOR to Wilder ???? hmmm

6th defense Stiverne ( we know this story )

The top 2 guys were Povetkin and Joshua AT the start of his title reign who would shortly go for Klitchko so hes X'ed out .

Now you can make what you like of his resume but you cant tell me there were not better fightes available regardless of situations from the START of his title reign bc than that would be a lie .

You have 3 at the very least questionable fight defenses there and a HOLD up on Stiverne Mandatory that spanded NINE months and that was ALL Wilder bc he did NOT pay Stiverne step aside money until September which means he did nothing for 7 months but issue twitter challenges ! lol

Hes your guy but come on now !
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-09-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Glaskov
                Jennings
                Browne
                Ruiz
                Takam

Were ranked by the WBC top 10 . Are you telling me Szpilka was better than those guys AT that time when he had made just ONE title defense to Molina ?

Lets break his resume down AFTER he wins the title.......

1st defense Molina rnk 7

2nd ddefense Duahaupus ranked 13

3 defense Szpilka rnk 9

4 .defense Arreola coming out of WAY left field AT THAT time not a top 10 or relevant fighter in those years ..

5 defense Washington who was eanked outside top 10 PRIOR to Wilder ???? hmmm

6th defense Stiverne ( we know this story )

The top 2 guys were Povetkin and Joshua who would shortly go for Klitchko so hes X'ed out .

Now you can make what you like of his resume but you cant tell me there were not better fightes available regardless of situations from the START of his title reign bc than that would be a lie .
                you just pointed out that molina was ranked 7 and the polaco was ranked 9......

wouldnt that be two top 10 ranked fighters according to what you posted?

duhaupas actually beat helenius in his next fights and lost to povetkin, who wilder had a contract to fight until he failed a PED test and the fight got cancelled (remember at the time povetkin was ranked #2)

and right before this stifferne rematch Ortiz was supposed to be the fight (ranked in the top 5) and that fight was signed and ready to go until Ortiz failed his PED test as well.

So to even say that he didn't try to fight top guys is nonsense when they end up failing PED tests and he couldnt get those two in the ring. Unless you wanted the fights to continue while they were juiced up

besides that bryant jennings had two losses in 2015 to wlad and ortiz.... if wilder fought him ya would trash him saying that he just lost twice blah blah blah

Takam had lost to parker and povetkin same thing woulda happened if wilder fought him at the time oh he lost before blah blah blah

andy ruiz i dont even know why ya keep bringing him up honestly

and browne had ONE fight in 2015 and ONE in 2016 and so far ONE in 2017 just LOL
                Last edited by bigjavi973; 11-09-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  You have 3 at the very least questionable fight defenses there and a HOLD up on Stiverne Mandatory that spanded NINE months and that was ALL Wilder bc he did NOT pay Stiverne step aside money until September which means he did nothing for 7 months but issue twitter challenges ! lol

Hes your guy but come on now !
                  aawww did you need more time to find out some more info?

oh and at glazkov

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Name me a single poster from the UK who said they dont want to see AJ v Wilder.
                    No whyte fight, no AJ fight cuz no one in the UK knows who he is......

that's the theory they are going with.

Comment

No whyte fight, no AJ fight cuz no one in the UK knows who he is......

that's the theory they are going with.
                      That's not what I asked and is not what I replied to.

Comment

Working...
                      X