Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Explains Turning Down Miguel Cotto Fight, Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad decision in my opinion. If the mission is to build a Hall of Fame career and to make money than you have to fight a guy like Cotto no matter the circumstances (unless the terms are extreme) A four-fight contract with no extension could have possibly been negotiated and completed by 2019.

I think Spence needs to realize that the chances of facing Thurman anytime before 2019 are slim.

Instead of fighting just once this year he could have fought one of the premier names in boxing and captured a 2nd world title in a fight he most likely would have won.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      Bad decision in my opinion. If the mission is to build a Hall of Fame career and to make money than you have to fight a guy like Cotto no matter the circumstances (unless the terms are extreme) A four-fight contract with no extension could have possibly been negotiated and completed by 2019.

I think Spence needs to realize that the chances of facing Thurman anytime before 2019 are slim.

Instead of fighting just once this year he could have fought one of the premier names in boxing and captured a 2nd world title in a fight he most likely would have won.
      Beating up on Cotto which Spence would of done wouldn’t of did much for his career, his goal is to unify ww and he can accomplish that without a promoter dipping into his cash

Comment

Ducking cotto to keep that donut

Comment

Originally posted by lowblows420 View Post
          Lmao Cotto was getting tagged by kamegi Spence knocks him out

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post

Disagree. Because for spence, the question is "how can GBP benefit me more than my current situation? "

And from an outsider pov, the answer is not clear.

Comment

I did say the average fan, didn’t I? Most people aren’t like me, I follow boxing down to amatures but most people only know the popular fighters. Boxers unless promoted aren’t well known. UFC promotes their fighters they don’t just show their fights on free tv that’s why they can build a no name quickly. Spense can make good money but can be built to make great money. He needs to be promoted.

Comment

Smart guy. Who in their right mind would put their career in hands of a Coke head?

Comment

Smart move by Spence not to get involved with all that BS of GBP w/a fading star/ fighter who has lost some of his skills... it would have been an astric next to the:

W TKO 7 Cotto on his record... smart move Errol, , bigger fish out there to fry and you will beat them all @ WW/JMW , especially when you go through Thurman...

Comment

Spence would have slaughtered cotto and got no credit for it, plus he'd be bonded to a deal with a company with no welters. Obvious choice

Comment

Originally posted by lowblows420 View Post
                      Beating someone jaded,faded, and on the way out the door as nothing to his record... it's the young tiger still fighting that he needs to face and beat ,and he will...

Comment

Working...
                      X