Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Explains Turning Down Miguel Cotto Fight, Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad move by Spence he gets nothing by beating Peterson he gets more recognition by beating cotto anyways Spence is not an elite fighter anyways dude only beat a broken down triple g left over.

Comment

• Some are acting like Oscar is arum and would hold your career hostage when in fact its the opposite when marquez wanted the 3rd pac fight but Bob wouldn't work with GBP they let him out of the contract so he can get payed

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        that snake made gbp more money while oscar was getting ****ed in fishnets, than oscar has made for gbp since scheafer left.

thats a fact
        GBP was not making as much money as people thought they were, and the fighters were not even signed to exclusive contracts like most people assumed they were. Scheafer aberrated from the standard way that GBP (and other promoters) do business, and he did this without Oscar and others being aware. His duty was to ensure the continued success of GBP, not to alter the business model in such a way that secretly helped Haymon build the PBC. It was not in GBP best interest. That's a fact.

Comment

• He's basically the equivalent to a free agent in boxing.... He can fight on HBO and his next one on showtime.....

If more fighters did this we would have more fights imo

Comment

• Nice to hear that he's a "free agent".However, does anyone believe that we'll see him on HBO anytime soon?

Comment

• Spence would have beaten the shyt out of cotto...

I’m glad this didn’t get made, I would hate to see cotto get broken down and blazed and taking a knee again

Comment

• Spence is running his career the way he sees fit. He did the right thing not signing with GB. He the top Welterweight right now so those big fights should happen for him. He just needs to stay busy. I doubt Thurman or Crawford can beat this guy.

Comment

Working...
                X