Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: 'Honest' Critics Will Remember Andre Ward as a Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    I know what Monzon accomplished. I'm talking about exciting styles since you implied that was a reason for Ward not being considered great.
    do i think he is great in the actual sense of the word? no, i don't think andre ward is great. but that's not what my original post said. i was talking about being remembered. i don't think arturo gatti was great either, i love him but he had limitations that prevent me from calling him great but arturo is well remembered, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      I want too hear wards victims sing his praises then I will know he was very good.
      But boxing fans are powerful and can stop him being as great as he hopes to be. Same with floyd

nah, they are idiots

boxing historians will make that call, thankfully

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
        It all depends on what you consider "great". If you mean an undefeated record than you might say yes but if you mean an exciting fighter whose fun to watch and doesn't foul, than you have to look elsewhere.
        I could be wrong, but I doubt if many boxing fans replay tapes of Ward fights.
        Winning is important but a big part of the sport is entertainment.

is that your recipe for greatness ?

damn Brandon Rios fans LOL

plenty of great fighters were dirty as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          do i think he is great in the actual sense of the word? no, i don't think andre ward is great. but that's not what my original post said. i was talking about being remembered. i don't think arturo gatti was great either, i love him but he had limitations that prevent me from calling him great but arturo is well remembered, don't you think?

aah ok i see your point

he did beat a lot of baaaad boys

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            I want too hear wards victims sing his praises then I will know he was very good.
            But boxing fans are powerful and can stop him being as great as he hopes to be. Same with floyd
            Even the majority of Mayweather haters acknowledge he's great, only ******ed people like you don't.

Comment

"Honest" and "Andre Ward" don't fit well in the same sentence to me.

Comment

No one wanted to watch Ward live. Much less people will watch his fights online.

So no, Ward won't be remembered. And those unfortunate to watch the little cheat, will be glad to see the back of him.

Goodbye Andre, don't ever come back.

Comment

No one wanted to watch Ward live. Much less people will watch his fights online.

So no, Ward won't be remembered. And those unfortunate to watch the little cheat, will be glad to see the back of him.

Goodbye Andre, don't ever come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    Yes Gatti is well remembered. If that was your point then I understand what you're saying.
                    Last edited by joseph5620; 10-09-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      is that your recipe for greatness ?

damn Brandon Rios fans LOL

plenty of great fighters were dirty as hell
                      Rios is an exciting fighter, no way is he great, but I'd watch a young Rios fight over a Ward fight any time. Ward's just a painfully boring guy to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X