Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: If Canelo Fought Jacobs That Night - He Would've Lost!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    He didnt beat him but GGG would of lost to Floyd. And probably looked just as stupid.
    The weight-draining would obviously favor Floyd...but suppose GGG got his jab going. Floyd's been touched up by a couple of good jabbers, but none with GGG's jab power.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      Both would embarrass him. He's too small and slow to beat either of them. He'd be giving up 4 and 5 inches in height and arm length. He has a better chance against against GGG for the size and athletic variables, but I still think GGG will be superior, just because he's a better boxer.

He'd probably be stopped by Danny and jabbed like crazy against Charlo to a TKO loss.
      The best time to fight Charlo is now, while he is still acclimating himself to the new weight class.

Unfortunately fear shrinks the brain and these fools don't realise that waiting is only to make things worse for them.

Once Charlo acclimates and starts dropping people with jabs again that's gonna be all she wrote.

One criticism I have of Charlo though is that I feel he doesn't go to the body enough. He hasn't needed to yet but he'll meet an opponent eventually that will be able to handle his power, an opponent that will need him to go to the body if he wants to stop em, and I fear he won't know what to do because Ronnie Shields is focussing only on head hunting.

The other Charlo is with Dereck james so I don't think he'll have that problem at all. That guy is the reason Spence fights the way he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        The best time to fight Charlo is now, while he is still acclimating himself to the new weight class.

Unfortunately fear shrinks the brain and these fools don't realise that waiting is only to make things worse for them.

Once Charlo acclimates and starts dropping people with jabs again that's gonna be all she wrote.

One criticism I have of Charlo though is that I feel he doesn't go to the body enough. He hasn't needed to yet but he'll meet an opponent eventually that will be able to handle his power, an opponent that will need him to go to the body if he wants to stop em, and I fear he won't know what to do because Ronnie Shields is focussing only on head hunting.

The other Charlo is with Dereck james so I don't think he'll have that problem at all. That guy is the reason Spence fights the way he does.
        Very fair analysis. I think Jermall is the superior of the twins and something tells me we haven't seen his full toolset. The way he kicked it up against Williams was remarkable imo. Those guys have an old school chip that shows up in the ring. I think once his body settles he won't lose at 160. Obviously Jacobs and GGG are the dangerous, but in 6 months that might not even be a safe bet.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
          "author" has his head shoved so far up his own butthole he may never see the light of day again all the bookies have Triple GGG the clear favorite in this fight
          I was just going to type that very same thing. Golovkin opened up a favorite and is still a favorite

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... It was Mora (!!!) who dropped Jacobs!!!

Man you see the look on his face when he did??? He looked like he won the $1,000,000 lotto. He was SHOCKED!! You knew that sht never happens for him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
              The weight-draining would obviously favor Floyd...but suppose GGG got his jab going. Floyd's been touched up by a couple of good jabbers, but none with GGG's jab power.
              He would look like he had aids at 154. Just like Oscar did when he fought Pac. No WAY GGG would beat Floyd at 154 so I don't even have to imagine.

Comment

I believe Jacobs at his best would beat Canelo too.

Although I did feel pretty generous towards Jacobs as far as scoring, I still had Golovkin beating Jacobs by only a point.

But GGG vs Canelo is still a very close, basically a 50/50 fight.

Styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  That's possible. But I cant think of anyone else that Canelo fought thst GGG doesn't KO (He might not have KO Lara if he could keep running all night)
                  And the only one GGG fought that would probably beat Canelo is Jacobs I would bet huge $$$ on Canelo over the rest. I know GGG fans like to hype Lemuix up to some MONSTER but dont forget he LOST to career 154 lb Alcine. And was TKO'd by Rubio.
                  Last edited by Shadoww702; 09-14-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billycostigan View Post
                    I was just going to type that very same thing. Golovkin opened up a favorite and is still a favorite
                    You do know Vegas is built of losers and not winners right???

And VEGAS always wins... But hey goo bet all your money on GGG by KO. SHT be BOLD Tecate BOLD and put it on Round 4 KO. Or sooner....

Comment

Canelo will fight Jacobs, but he will demand weigh-in on the day of the fight. They will prepare contract in which Jacobs will get zero money if he is not under 170 on the day of the fight. Canelo team have seen that Jacobs is a cheater. I am sure GGG would not defend his IBF title if he had known that Jacobs was going to skip the same day weigh-in. It was not fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X