Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: If Canelo Fought Jacobs That Night - He Would've Lost!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If GGG fought Pirog that night he fought Jacobs... he would have lost too...

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
      It won't happen, G is going to be out trying to make money off his new found fame. There is one man who can stop that, DJ. He's going go back to saying, "I want to unify all the belts again."
      He should in December. What if Monroe wins. GGG vs Monroe is meaningless.

Comment

He's right

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          If GGG fought Pirog that night he fought Jacobs... he would have lost too...
          That's an inaccurate comparison. To make a valid comparison, you need to name a fighter that Canelo beat, that GGG would have lost to.

I can't think of any, myself

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
            I agree. If GGG wins but Saunders loses to Monroe he should just wait until Monroe loses the belt to someone else. Even if he beats Saunders Monroe won't be holding onto the belt for long.

Comment

I've been thinking about this. Imagine a world where Willie Monroe Jr is a MW world champ.......I don't know who to root for in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... "counterfactual history"...

... but I can also see one of Canelo's haymakers catching Jacobs' chin...
                You and I both. Jacobs is "A" Class boxer across the board except for his chin which drops him down to a B or B+

And LOTS of other boxers with suspect chins went on to become great as long as they protected that chin...

Lewis, Both Klitz bros

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  That's an inaccurate comparison. To make a valid comparison, you need to name a fighter that Canelo beat, that GGG would have lost to.

I can't think of any, myself
                  He didnt beat him but GGG would of lost to Floyd. And probably looked just as stupid.

Comment

True. And this fight with Canelo has to do with Golovkin' legacy. Everything is riding on this fight for Golovkin. Short of hitting Golovkin with the stool I don't see how Canelo can take him out. If Canelo lasts 12 and its fairly close he will get the nod but otherwise I see Golovkin being Golovkin in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      I've been thinking about this. Imagine a world where Willie Monroe Jr is a MW world champ.......I don't know who to root for in that fight
                      Monroe Jr has to stop BJS in order to get a win in the U.K.

... which is highly unlikely, as he only holds 6 KOs out of 21 wins...

Comment

Working...
                      X