No announcement yet.

The Mayweather handpicking myth is a lie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    im not concerned about call outs. impartial proof of ducking is what its all about.
    Fighters know that when someone calls someone out and then doesnt show, its not only a duck, but the epitome of a bully

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
      Fighters know that when someone calls someone out and then doesnt show, its not only a duck, but the epitome of a bully
      a contract turned down for no good reason is where its at.

Comment

a contract turned down for no good reason is where its at.
        What reason besides :
        http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...icle-1.1188512

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
          i dont get the connection

Comment

i dont get the connection
            Of course you dont

Now lets see him put himself in a fight

Comment

• Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
              Refute the facts and I'll give you an A for effort.
              A for effort indeed. And its a good effort, its the kind of efforts many make...on what we will call the seesaw. So, person A says "Ward beat a great fighter named Dawson" person B says "Dawson was a shell of himself." In this argument many points can be brought to bare, most people don't even look at how Ward beat Dawson (hint: it showed fantastic skill)...And at the end of the day the issue never really gets resolved.

Your insistence regarding Floyd fighting "better" opponents is a similar enterprise. But thats not really what the problem with Floyd is objectively speaking. The problem is that Floyd never beat a great fighter in his prime. And that is a fact. Roy Jones who fought shiat at times did!, Great fighters like Duran and his ilk did. Etc etc and Floyd simply did not. Which is why we have to conjecture about the reach of Forrest, the speed of a younger Mosley, etc.

For the record I don't hold it against Floyd that he didn't fight the Margaritos in the division...welter is not even his best weight. No fighter you mentioned was/is a great fighter in his prime when Floyd fought him. Thats the knock on Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i remember marg was #1, had a mexican fanbase and floyd chose to figth sharmba, zab, and balomir for less money. then he retired when everyone wanted him to fight cotto and he said cotto lived too far away wtf? he came back to figth 40 year old mosley after he had beaten marg but wouldnt fight marg after he had an even bigger win over cotto...strange timing! then he ducked the pac fight for 5 years and pretended it was the testing then when backed into a corner killed the fight with a 40 million flat offer. so he missed 3 of the most important fights of his career for no reason other than his own. thats pretty bad. there are other fights that he ducked out of as well against prime guys like winky but you are right he cleaned up all the b level guys that were flash in the pans with 1 notable win. good job?
                I actually agree with your sorry azz for the most part regarding your point...but you really show how personally you take the success of fighters you don't like when you ridiculously assert that Floyd had a reason to fight a big strong welter like Margarito. margarito was never much better than a guy like Baldimore... Margarito's fan base was in love with him but what did Margarito ever do to warrant respect from Floyd? I remember those days when margarito was on everyone's lips...but pray tell who did Margarito do a number on, fairly...ahhem, meriting Floyd singling him out. baldimore did alas beat Judah...right?

Comment

• Oscar De La Hoya was as close to his prime as he was going to get , experienced, healthy and certainly in the classification of a 'great' fighter (resume and skill wise) yet his win is always disputed.

If you can't define what constitutes a great fighter in his prime is then the whole argument is nonsensical anyway.

Comment

• I'm not going to break down your list but I already saw flaws in it quickly. You said Hatton was undefeated and beat Kostya. Yeah he was undefeated at 140lbs where Pac starched him, not 147lbs (out of his prime weight class) where Callazo nearly KO'd him.

Mosley was on a win streak but still past his prime. Cotto has not been as destructive above 147lbs as he was at 147lbs and lower, nor in his prime. Canelo was green as F**k. Dela Hoya also not at his prime weight or career prime. Corralles had just come out of prison (Floyd knew this). Gatti was never above C level. It was just Jr.'s entry win to being known to the public but not yet as a beating Oscar known (worldwide). Baldomir? Please, despite his "win" streak, I would of never picked Baldomir to win. He was a serious Cinderella man. Judah has always been a mental midget and known to break in every big fight he's been in but I'll give Jr. that one.
                    Boom.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                      I'm not going to break down your list but I already saw flaws in it quickly. You said Hatton was undefeated and beat Kostya. Yeah he was undefeated at 140lbs where Pac starched him, not 147lbs (out of his prime weight class) where Callazo nearly KO'd him.

Mosley was on a win streak but still past his prime. Cotto has not been as destructive above 147lbs as he was at 147lbs and lower, nor in his prime. Canelo was green as F**k. Dela Hoya also not at his prime weight or career prime. Corralles had just come out of prison (Floyd knew this). Gatti was never above C level. It was just Jr.'s entry win to being known to the public but not yet as a beating Oscar known (worldwide). Baldomir? Please, despite his "win" streak, I would of never picked Baldomir to win. He was a serious Cinderella man. Judah has always been a mental midget and known to break in every big fight he's been in but I'll give Jr. that one.
                      Boom.
                      Great. So now tell me how Floyd was in at his prime weight when he fought De la Hoya or how he was in his career prime?
                      Give me the conditions and then watch me break down any win in history using your own logic. Watch bruv.

Comment

Working...
                      X