No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jg77 View Post
    I just want to see Conor okie doke Dana White and stay in boxing. McGregor can sell on his own and I think he has an easier much winnable fight with Paulie that he can make.
    Lol. I'd like to watch that. Pauli wins doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
      Ya, but remember, Irish can be of any race. I was making fun of a country, not a race. There can be black Irishmen, white Irishmen, Asian Irishmen. Stereotypes are only funny if they're true, LOL! They do Drink A Lot there, but Thats nothing to be ashamed of. I Love Irish Pubs! Awesome food there, usually! I try not to get so offended by everything. But ya, the "cracker" part I should have left out.
      No worries. We ALL say stupid sht! You came correct and were just having a GOOD TIME!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trashman_ View Post
        Wheres that dude G G G who posts here? Dont know if he was trolling or actually serious but he is nowhere to be found today lol.
        Dude. He is the quintessential troll. Ignore that cluster buck.

Comment

• It took the best boxer of this era 10 rounds to get a "ref stoppage" against a guy with ZERO pro boxing experience... that's a successful pro debut for Conor, IMO.

Comment

• I love MMA, but prefer boxing. Watched the fight with an open mind going in but it felt staged to me. Mayweather fought in manner that I've never seen him fight before (not even his early "Pretty Boy" days).

McGregor was often wide open for a counter and Mayweather didn't pull the trigger. It didn't seem like it was a case of a shot fighter not having the reflexes, it was more that he was carrying McGregor. I truly think he could have ended the fight much earlier. It's not often that a fight end in a manner which is good for both fighters: Mayweather has an exciting win by stoppage that gets him #50 and lets people forget about the snooze fest with Pacman. McGregor wins early rounds and loses when gassed and the ref steps in after going 9+ rounds. He can say he did all that against an all time great in his first boxing match. Both cash out without losing much if anything. I don't think this fairytale result happened naturally.

And for all the MMA fans trolling on boxing boards thinking this is some evidence of their sport's superiority, please don't kid yourself. Two completely different games and what you saw last night wasn't either of them.

Comment

• I definitely don't think it was staged and I'm quite the conspiracy theorist. Floyd did the same thing he did against Maidana except he stopped him. Conor was going down.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                I love MMA, but prefer boxing. Watched the fight with an open mind going in but it felt staged to me. Mayweather fought in manner that I've never seen him fight before (not even his early "Pretty Boy" days).

McGregor was often wide open for a counter and Mayweather didn't pull the trigger. It didn't seem like it was a case of a shot fighter not having the reflexes, it was more that he was carrying McGregor. I truly think he could have ended the fight much earlier. It's not often that a fight end in a manner which is good for both fighters: Mayweather has an exciting win by stoppage that gets him #50 and lets people forget about the snooze fest with Pacman. McGregor wins early rounds and loses when gassed and the ref steps in after going 9+ rounds. He can say he did all that against an all time great in his first boxing match. Both cash out without losing much if anything. I don't think this fairytale result happened naturally.

And for all the MMA fans trolling on boxing boards thinking this is some evidence of their sport's superiority, please don't kid yourself. Two completely different games and what you saw last night wasn't either of them.

Agreed......

Comment

• Great fight last night. Huge KO win for Floyd to close off his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    I love MMA, but prefer boxing. Watched the fight with an open mind going in but it felt staged to me. Mayweather fought in manner that I've never seen him fight before (not even his early "Pretty Boy" days).

Excellent. Consider yourself Greent.

Comment

• Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
                      floyd didn't toy with mcgregor and the fight wasn't prearranged. conor punched himself out and floyd kept hunting him. he just waited till conor was tired because he knew he has poor stamina. conor was looking tired before the fight even started, i even wrote that here. floyd was clearly intimidated by conor's behaviour during the weigh-in, was that scripted too?. if u watch the media day workout conor was breathing hard after he threw 10punches, he tried to play it off but didn't work. it was a good strategy by floyd to make him lose all his energy and KO him. prearranging a fight is always dangerous, because the other guy doesn't need to stick to the rules and can fool him on fight night. u r just paranoid that's it
                      YDKSAB --- the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X