No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
    I love MMA, but prefer boxing. Watched the fight with an open mind going in but it felt staged to me. Mayweather fought in manner that I've never seen him fight before (not even his early "Pretty Boy" days).

McGregor was often wide open for a counter and Mayweather didn't pull the trigger. It didn't seem like it was a case of a shot fighter not having the reflexes, it was more that he was carrying McGregor. I truly think he could have ended the fight much earlier. It's not often that a fight end in a manner which is good for both fighters: Mayweather has an exciting win by stoppage that gets him #50 and lets people forget about the snooze fest with Pacman. McGregor wins early rounds and loses when gassed and the ref steps in after going 9+ rounds. He can say he did all that against an all time great in his first boxing match. Both cash out without losing much if anything. I don't think this fairytale result happened naturally.

And for all the MMA fans trolling on boxing boards thinking this is some evidence of their sport's superiority, please don't kid yourself. Two completely different games and what you saw last night wasn't either of them.

nah, he fought Maidana I and Cotto the same way

flat-footed

they were all supposed to be Gatti-type showcase fights, but all three of those opponents did better than expected

boxing is all about match-making/styles

Comment

• Originally posted by embryo View Post
      I definitely don't think it was staged and I'm quite the conspiracy theorist. Floyd did the same thing he did against Maidana except he stopped him. Conor was going down.

nah, of course it wasn't

why would it be ?

what possible reason..... ?

Comment

• The fight ending moments for those who didn't see or if its not already been posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          YDKSAB --- the end.
          ok mr. everything is fake

Comment

• Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
            ok mr. everything is fake
            YDKSAB --- the end.

Comment

• Well any MW would be intimidating to a WW ... Floyd had to "feel" him 1st... Then it all went one way...

Hell Mcgregor looked even bigger than for his Diaz fights... I'd say he was close to 175... Bring him Lemieux and then we can talk shyt ...

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                YDKSAB --- the end.
                hrshn halt die fresse

Comment

• Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
                  hrshn halt die fresse
                  Geh funk deine mutter!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                    And not world class smarts either. Jr waited 4-5 rds nd then proceeded to kick jis azz and stop him. That is smarts, iq. And remember.. This is a 40 yr old coming off 2 yr retirement. And he stopped a bigger , longer and primed fighter. Good effort by conor but he loses to any primed boxer easily. And probably stopped as well
                    He proved hes actually a better boxer than Floyd. No he wasn't supposed to win with a 0-0 record but still managed to do as he pleased until he gassed. Floyd didn't know what to do until Conor started breathing hard and heavy. Lol @ the turning his back several times to avoid punishment like a punk. Only Floyd gets away with that bs. And by 2 of the judges giving Conor one round it just shows Floyd controls his fate in Vegas. Anyone who didn't give Conor 3 out of the first 4 rounds is an absolute moron.

Comment

• No way. I don't disagree he could have ended if possibly a few rounds earlier but not in the 4th. McGregor had just started to fade. IMO he was never truly hurt. He was totally exhausted. That was due to Floyd and not being in condition to fight a boxing match. To have taken out McGregor in the 4th Floyd would have had to knock him out with punches that actually hurt significantly.

Comment

Working...
                      X