Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
    YDKSAB --- the end.
    floyd didn't toy with mcgregor and the fight wasn't prearranged. conor punched himself out and floyd kept hunting him. he just waited till conor was tired because he knew he has poor stamina. conor was looking tired before the fight even started, i even wrote that here. floyd was clearly intimidated by conor's behaviour during the weigh-in, was that scripted too?. if u watch the media day workout conor was breathing hard after he threw 10punches, he tried to play it off but didn't work. it was a good strategy by floyd to make him lose all his energy and KO him. prearranging a fight is always dangerous, because the other guy doesn't need to stick to the rules and can fool him on fight night. u r just paranoid that's it

Comment

• Quote:
      Originally Posted by jay543 View Post
      Totally disagree.
      I noticed Floyd laughing and sticking his tongue out at the camera after round 2 or 3.
      Definitely intentionally let Conor win the first 1-3 rounds without punching to make the fight look better.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Oh that's hilarious. Floydie throws in a bit of acting, and you buy it hook line and sinker? LOL!!

Originally posted by jay543 View Post
      How bout his punch numbers in the first 3 rounds, and the fact that he didn't move on his feet at any point throughout the entire fight?

I mean if you're throwing like 5 punches per round in the first 3 rounds, do you think you're really trying to win the rounds?
      Connor was doing some things those first several rounds. That's why Mr Safety First was hesitant to throw much. He obviously gassed by 2/3 of the way thru the fight, and then Floydie started being less cautious. Mr Safety First never takes chances, even if his Pop said he could (which he said too early, I think the 4th round).

Comment

• Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
        All I can say is that McGregor did alot better in the ring. Than Mayweather would ever do in the octagon. McGregor lasted 10 rounds as a novice boxer with a boxing great. Floyd wouldn't last 30 seconds in a MMA fight. McGregor definitely deserves s lot of respect
        McGregor wouldn't last long with prime punchers like Golovkin, Canelo, or Spence. He was much bigger,younger,and still got walked down and punished by a well past prime 40 year old inactive boxer who supposedly can't punch. McGregor doesn't even punch hard as a boxer.

Get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg77 View Post
          I just want to see Conor okie doke Dana White and stay in boxing. McGregor can sell on his own and I think he has an easier much winnable fight with Paulie that he can make.
          Mcnugget would stop Paulina in 2-3 rds

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Mcnugget would stop Paulina in 2-3 rds
            How?

Conor can't crack an egg.

Comment

• THAT is why you make the fight!

Loved every second of it!

Thank you Floyd. Thank you Conor.

Comment

• McGregor did not do that well. He's taller, has longer reach, has a 20lb weight advantage, he's in his prime in terms of age and Floyd is old and retired. Essentially he's stepping in with a guy in a lower weight divison and the guy is just walking him down with power shots and stopping him. Sure, he's not a professional boxer, but he is a professional fighter and striking is his specialty. It's quite clear that top-level mma guys do not belong in the boxing ring. To have so many advantages and get beaten down is not particularly impressive.

Also, McGregor may have stamina issues, but the body shots he was eating certainly weren't helping. All of those jabs and straight rights to the body took their toll. Floyd set it up early with the body work and finished him when his legs were gone.

McGregor's punching power is pretty bad, considering the weight disparity. He couldn't keep Floyd off him, even though Floyd wasn't cutting off the ring. Floyd was just walking into him with his guard up. McGregor has zero defensive ability on the inside, no understanding of movement in terms of boxing and no ability to guard punches. He does have good reflexes and pretty decent timing, so he was able to slip some and even counter. That seemed to be about the only thing he had going. Without any power on his punches, it didn't matter.

Overall, this event just showed that boxing and mma are different sports, and crossing over from one to the other is never going to work in either direction.

Comment

• I'm surprised how the MMA fans are looking at this as a moral victory. I thought Conor looked awful last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    You ARE a RACIST POS! Everyone can see it you dumb FUCK!!!!
                    Trust me, I'm not racist. My parents are from India. My wife is from the Philippines. By B-I-L is half black, half white. I am not racist. I was Drunk, & excited after The Fight, so thats why I wrote that. I was joking around.

Have u never heard Irish jokes? I've certainly heard Indian jokes, about working at Dunking Donuts, 7-11, Etc.. If they're just good-hearted jokes, with no malice intended, I don't mind. If u thought I was being racist by calling him McCracker, then I apologize.

I abhor racism, and that was never my intent. As an American, I was rooting for Floyd. I couldn't care less what color someone's skin is, so you shouldn't call someone a racist, if you don't Know them. Its such a loaded word, and should be reserved for people who actually discriminate. I do not.

Comment

• So how many users will go back to using their alt user name? And how many of these mma idiots and casuals are going to stick around this forum?

Comment

Working...
                      X