No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    He proved hes actually a better boxer than Floyd. No he wasn't supposed to win with a 0-0 record but still managed to do as he pleased until he gassed. Floyd didn't know what to do until Conor started breathing hard and heavy. Lol @ the turning his back several times to avoid punishment like a punk. Only Floyd gets away with that bs. And by 2 of the judges giving Conor one round it just shows Floyd controls his fate in Vegas. Anyone who didn't give Conor 3 out of the first 4 rounds is an absolute moron.
    Conor won the first three rounds. Floyd literally did nothing. Just on sheer work rate Conor won. I don't agree with anything else you said beyond that.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      nah, of course it wasn't

why would it be ?

what possible reason..... ?
      Did Floyd take an uppercut that almost looked like the Joshua-Klitschko one just for the hell of it?

These Floyd stans need to stop with the bs already just because Conor proved to be a hell of a lot better than expected. Nobody and I mean nobody ever has beaten Floyd from range like that before. Show some mudder fookin respect b@tches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
        Conor won the first three rounds. Floyd literally did nothing. Just on sheer work rate Conor won. I don't agree with anything else you said beyond that.
        Yea he tried but he got beat to the punch, out thrown and out landed. Floyd was throwing and missing and made to pay. So don't play that off as doing nothing like the other chumps on here. Have more respect for yourself than that.

Comment

Did Floyd take an uppercut that almost looked like the Joshua-Klitschko one just for the hell of it?

These Floyd stans need to stop with the bs already just because Conor proved to be a hell of a lot better than expected. Nobody and I mean nobody ever has beaten Floyd from range like that before. Show some mudder fookin respect b@tches.

nah, Floyd was clearly off his game

he was nowhere near as sharp, and his defence/timing were off

he also fought flat-footed like the first Maidana fight

Mac did well, but no better than expected

not by me anyway

I said that McGregor will have success early, but that being successful in spots may not win him rounds..... he is a world-class fighter, and a world-class athlete, and would be much bigger than Floyd..... and I said that Mayweather will adjust and take over, possibly stopping Mac late.....

what I did get wrong was call a stoppage by corner

but I knew that he would gas badly

people were talking a lot of nonsense about the gloves, ref, etc

I said the biggest advantage Team McGregor gave away was agreeing to 12 rounds

that should have been a 10 round fight, and then we would have seen a little more from McGregor

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
            Dude, Floyd don't walk into other fighters like that. Floyd basically threw all his boxing skills out the door to slug it out and make it interesting. Any top welters, Floyd would have trained better and fight differently; he would have fought a more technical fight.
            But what choice did he have against a tall counter puncher who was up on rounds? He had to attack. I think the same would have happened if Floyd fought Spadafora.

Comment

Yea he tried but he got beat to the punch, out thrown and out landed. Floyd was throwing and missing and made to pay. So don't play that off as doing nothing like the other chumps on here. Have more respect for yourself than that.

Floyd fought him flat-footed

or toe-to-toe, as the casuals say

and he is old as Moses

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarlaxle View Post
                But what choice did he have against a tall counter puncher who was up on rounds? He had to attack. I think the same would have happened if Floyd fought Spadafora.

he fought flat-footed against an opponent he knew was overmatched and possibly outclassed..... just like he did against Maidana in the first fight

McGregor aint beating any top 154lb'er

or any top welter, even at 154

Comment

• Best breakdown of the fight I've seen so far. I hate all the Rocky 49-0 record, Floyd 50-0 record bs, but I like the overall comparison Atlas makes to "fighting like Rocky to break Rocky's record" which seems ironic & fun & more or less true to me even if that perfect record is a stat mostly racist or too racial white & black mfers give any f#cks in the world about.

Comment

• When you're as disliked as Mayweather you can literally put on a show and whoop someone's ass and people will still complain. Before the fight all the talk was that Floyd's boring and the fight won't even be entertaining never mind competitive. Not only was it a very entertaining fight that was more competitive than expected, Floyd also fought him like Chavez and basically beat the crap out of him until the referee saved Conor. And you trolls are still complaining saying he's shot and can't move like he used to. Obviously, the man's 40 years old. Give him some credit for literally carrying boxing the last 10 years and giving us so many great performances. Almost 30 title fights vs like 25 world champs. Not to mention he dominated everyone and only had 2 close fights in 21 years. Incredible career.

It might be another 20-30 years until we see someone like him again.
                    Last edited by JK1700; 08-27-2017, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      he fought flat-footed against an opponent he knew was overmatched and possibly outclassed..... just like he did against Maidana in the first fight

McGregor aint beating any top 154lb'er

or any top welter, even at 154
                      McGregor would have to get in distant runner shape to not get embarrassed by most top five welters but I think he could scrap with guys outside of the top 10 in 8 rounders.
                      His style wins rounds. Heart, reach, accuracy and a decent jab will keep you in fights.
                      Last edited by Jarlaxle; 08-28-2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X