No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Crushes Julius Indongo in Three To Unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    On the one hand, Crawford did rise to another level last night. On the other, Indongo has shown that he does not belong at the top. I myself had got overly enthused by his previous wins, but now that I have seen how things really are I am less inclined to think that Indongo is a genuine elite fighter.

And I was even thinking of a slight margin of hope for an Indongo win before. Crawford brought me back to reality, that's all.
    Indongo beats most of 140 division with his speed and length, tbh. He isn't close to crawford but I think he'd beat Diaz, good shot w postol, lipinets along w the former champs he ran through already. He's good at what he does

Comment

• Bud was just awesome and he has sent out a clear message to all the top ww's he's coming and I'll just pick one name Thurman he will have Thurman out by round 9...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
        Indongo beats most of 140 division with his speed and length, tbh. He isn't close to crawford but I think he'd beat Diaz, good shot w postol, lipinets along w the former champs he ran through already. He's good at what he does
        I agree. But what I was talking about is being an elite fighter, which Crawford has proven to be time and again. Indongo is just not an elite fighter (as well as the other names you quote). He's not a slouch by any means, though.
        Last edited by Tatabanya; 08-20-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Indongo is a bum who got a lucky break fighting low level other bum paper champions. Put Indongo against a REAL champ and he couldnt even make it competitive for 3 rounds. Now he's back now to the congo running with cheetahs and sparring with giraffes never to be heard from again. Arum wont give him a rematch and he'll never get a shot at a title again at 36yrs and a less than impressive effort.

Comment

• Move to 147 for who? Thurman, garcia, etc rarely fight and when they do then they wait around another long time for a rematch or just looking for easier touches, especially garcia. I just dont see crawford getting much work moving up. Pac dont want none and he probably gonna beat horn and retire, meanwhile horns name will have lacked luster for losing to washed up pac lol. But maybe everything will fall into place. Looks like betterbiev and ward going to top rank and maybe others are gonna start to follow that path and by that time theres no tellin what his options will be.

Comment

• To me, what Crawford did last night is more impressive than winning one title in 4 different weight classes. He proved himself to be the best fighter in his own weight/size class, old school style!

I had to see this piece of boxing history being made live, so I stayed up late to watch the show - about 4am UK time when Crawford/Indongo kicked off - and I couldn't believe the atmosphere in the stadium for Crawfords fight. I could actually feel the hair prickling on the back of my neck when he was coming down through his fans to the ring!

You would have to go back to the 1990's to find the last time a US boxing crowd generated an atmosphere like that in a stadium!

Will we see more undisputed title fights? I would say yes. Hopefully at MW next. I just hope the excitement and buzz generated by Crawford's fans sends ripples through the sport and more fighters and promotors realise that this is the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
                Did he beat Collazo? Boxers get hurt all the time and come back to win. Relax
                haha most these tough guys on here never been in the ring 1x. Ive sparred and had fun times with amateurs a few times and body hurts but nothing hurts like liver shot lol. They should make it mandatory for ppl to have been in ring and atleast understand what actually goes on in there before being able to comment. To many dumb folks on here that believe they know what their talking about imo

Comment

• Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
                  Indongo is a bum who got a lucky break fighting low level other bum paper champions. Put Indongo against a REAL champ and he couldnt even make it competitive for 3 rounds. Now he's back now to the congo running with cheetahs and sparring with giraffes never to be heard from again. Arum wont give him a rematch and he'll never get a shot at a title again at 36yrs and a less than impressive effort.
                  You can say the same thing of broner. Less the guraffes and all that cool **** lol

Comment

• Time for Crawford to move up and shut the Spence hype down!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      To me, what Crawford did last night is more impressive than winning one title in 4 different weight classes. He proved himself to be the best fighter in his own weight/size class, old school style!

I had to see this piece of boxing history being made live, so I stayed up late to watch the show - about 4am UK time when Crawford/Indongo kicked off - and I couldn't believe the atmosphere in the stadium for Crawfords fight. I could actually feel the hair prickling on the back of my neck when he was coming down through his fans to the ring!

You would have to go back to the 1990's to find the last time a US boxing crowd generated an atmosphere like that in a stadium!

Will we see more undisputed title fights? I would say yes. Hopefully at MW next. I just hope the excitement and buzz generated by Crawford's fans sends ripples through the sport and more fighters and promotors realise that this is the way to go.
                      Good post, very well put, I agree with your thoughts and hopefully we are in an "old school" resurgence.

Comment

Working...
                      X