Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Canelo is The Better Fighter, He Beats Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    He's right Canelo is more skilled and a more complete fighter than Golovkin. He's also fought better competition, a lot of people are in love with Golovkin because he knocks people out but let's be real 80-90% of the guys he's fought have been mediocre at best. But like I said people believe the hype because he's exciting, but it's not hard to knock out loads of journeyman. These guys will be shocked when Canelo wins but people who really know boxing won't be surprised.
    You do know that 80-90% of Canela's competition has been mediocre at best as well right?!?! Not to mention the considerable size advantage he has had during 90% of said fights... And Canela couldn't even knock some of those guys out!!! GGG is like 2nd or 3rd on list of boxers who get hit the least amount, his defense is way underrated... This should be an amazing fight but I expect GGG to break Canela down and then finish him in round 10 or 11. If Canela couldn't KO a weight drained Chavez that quit against Fonfara and threw absolutely no punches against Canela then he can not hurt GGG. In fight with GGG, Canela is going to have some bombs coming his way. GBP knew what they were doing with Chavez, it was a fight to make it look like Canela has improved so drastically!! It was like Chavez was paid not to throw any punches just in case one did land on Canela's chin and KO'ed his a**...

Comment

I've been saying that. All the lil g fans don't seem confident at all. I asked to take all type of bets no takers. Canelo will win this fight.

Comment

GGG fans must to realize T-O-D-A-Y that Canelo is better fighter and always was.I don't wanna hear any excuses after he beats GGG.

Comment

Alvarez definitely has more tools in his bag and than Trip. I see a unanimous decision in Alvarez favor after which many fans will cry robbery and corruption even though he will have deserved the win.

Comment

If GGG fight like he did with Jacobs, I can see Canelo winning.

Comment

Spence knows his stuff. Aside from being a top fighter, he also is a pretty big fan of the sport. He watches everyone and attends many fights. Not everyone studies boxing like he does. GGG may end up winning the fight, but Spence is on the money as far as talking boxing ability. Canelo has more wrinkles to his boxing than GGG does. We'll see if it shows in September...

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                Dang it, you beat me too it.
                Lol that was too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I'll be rooting for Gennady, but I do agree -- Canelo is the more dynamic fighter.

I think GGG has to truly hurt Canelo in order to win this. And since Canelo has arrived at the top level I've never even seen him staggered...much less down on the canvas.
                  He was hurt badly by Kirkland and staggered by feather fisted Floyd. He was even being walked down by Floyd at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                    I can't wait to watch the winner of Canelo Vs GGG fight facing Jermall Charlo early 2018.
                    Canelo won't pay the sanctioning fees for the WBC because of his beef with the WBC, and he already avoided the Charlos and Andrade at 154 (and a rematch with Lara) so I don't see him ever fighting either of them.

GGG vs Charlo has a greater chance of happening but after what Jacobs did to him I'm not sure he wants to be in with Jarmall, especially since Jarmall seems to have a solid chin unlike Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      He was hurt badly by Kirkland and staggered by feather fisted Floyd. He was even being walked down by Floyd at one point.
                      I actually do remember now when Floyd staggered him. Kirkland though, I don't ever remember him being hurt "badly". He took some shots laying on the ropes but seemed to take them pretty well I thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X