Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Canelo is The Better Fighter, He Beats Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eroll Spence is obsessed with Golovkin... oh wait...

Comment

We will see how good Canelo is when he gets hit by men sized shots from GGG.

Comment

Canelo can win if he is able to handle GGG punches. He also needs to avoid the ropes by fighting in the middle of the ring. Also, he has to find solution to GGG stiff Jabs. Finally, Canelo has to use uppercuts to disorient GGG rhythm.

Comment

He's right Canelo is more skilled and a more complete fighter than Golovkin. He's also fought better competition, a lot of people are in love with Golovkin because he knocks people out but let's be real 80-90% of the guys he's fought have been mediocre at best. But like I said people believe the hype because he's exciting, but it's not hard to knock out loads of journeyman. These guys will be shocked when Canelo wins but people who really know boxing won't be surprised.

Comment

Agreed canelo by UD.

Comment

Canelo should go to the body from round 1 like spence does in all his fight!

Comment

GGG needs to go to the body early and often. Tat will be the key to slowing Canelo down. Maybe then he can trap him and finish him. If he goes head hunting all night, Canelo's defense and solid boxing might do a number on GGG

Comment

I can't wait to watch the winner of Canelo Vs GGG fight facing Jermall Charlo early 2018.

Comment

Canelo has come of age, and to be honest i would be shocked if he doesn't beat GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                      He's right Canelo is more skilled and a more complete fighter than Golovkin. He's also fought better competition, a lot of people are in love with Golovkin because he knocks people out but let's be real 80-90% of the guys he's fought have been mediocre at best. But like I said people believe the hype because he's exciting, but it's not hard to knock out loads of journeyman. These guys will be shocked when Canelo wins but people who really know boxing won't be surprised.
                      Agree with much you say but you have to put it in context. Canelo has looked good against a good contender type fighter - Trout - but not so good against elite defensive fighters - Lara and Mayweather. Still, all three have better boxing skills than any opponent that Golovkin has faced, including arguably Jacobs.

Though, that said, you are either trolling or have very little idea about what exactly a journeyman boxer is. Not that Golovkin's opponents have been elite but Murray, Macklin, Lemieux and Jacobs are not journeymen and more importantly they are all fully fledged MWs.

but there is the obvious twist ... all Canelo's opponents bar Chavez were at LMW. The one time Canelo has jumped up to MW or higher, and no, I don't count 155 as MW even though technically it is, he lacked power against Chavez jr.

Canelo will struggle to deal with the power Golovkin lands. GGG will struggle to land because Canelo is and will fight more elusive than any fighter Golovkin has faced.
                      Last edited by SteveM; 07-07-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X