Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Canelo is The Better Fighter, He Beats Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    If you take lil g's punch away he has nothing.
    If you take Canelo's fists away, he has nothing!

Besides arms, I mean. He would still have arms. They would just have like, stumps at the end, instead of fists. But I would never advocate taking away someone's fists like that, although I empathize with those who were born without fists or who suffered such injuries in the line of duty or in any other way. But it's just a fact that if you took away Canelo's fists, he would have nothing but arms. And elbows, shoulders, legs, etc. A heart and a brain. The brain would be inside his head, he would also still have that. Fingers. Toes. This little piggy went to market. You know how **** go. You know how we do. Knees. Sergio Martinez. Pectoral muscles. Thighs. Heels. Those are very important for balance, but let's face it GGG still has the better balance, not that that would be the deciding factor if Canelo did not have fists.

Look, you might think that's not realistic, a boxer without fists, but just remember Amir Khan is a boxer and he doesn't have a chin, so stuff like that can totally happen. Plenty of boxers don't listen to their corner, which is the metaphorical equivalent to not having ears. So it can totally happen. That's why I got GGG by KO. Peace.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 07-07-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

He is the better overall fighter skill wise. But GGG has great equalizer power. A bomb can neutralize the better defense and technique

Comment

Also Canella never fought a real MW he will be hit harder than ever before and will have to neutralize the power boxing steamroll coming his way

Comment

For all Canellas better techniques his one weakness foot speed plays against him evading GGG attack great to see I have 55/45 ggg

Comment

spence is usually on point with his predictions

canelo didnt look his best vs smith largely because of the weight. he had his calves taped .

160 is a perfect weight for him

ggg has a better gas tank imo and will win because of that. canelo has slowed down in fights where he has not taken many shots so after a few rounds with golovkin and his gameplan of having to move which will expend energy , i jus think ggg will throw more shots and outpoint canelo.....only way i can see canelo winning is if he takes the risks and uses his greater handspeed and exchanges in the pocket, and limits his mistakes so he doesnt get caught

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
              He is the better overall fighter skill wise. But GGG has great equalizer power. A bomb can neutralize the better defense and technique
              Define "skill." Canelo has faster hands, more eye catching upper body movement, and he's younger. He's also really good at one-punch KOing chinny guys off of feinting to the body and going to the head, like a really well practiced finishing move he has, whereas GGG sometimes takes time finishing guys and ad libs, doesn't have the one perfected move. Of course, that same feint to the body then KO to the head move Canelo uses only works on guys like Kirkland and Khan because theyre so chinny and overmatched and getting their ass kicked to body and head so much as a result that they have to overcompensate guarding their body, so they get hit to their head. Or they wilt under the pressure Canelo puts on them like Khan, but that's because Khan is a welterweight.

Other than that, how is Canelo more skilled? He has better upper body movement, but GGG has way better hands defense, and does it coming forward which is much more difficult. He has a better plus minus and maybe even better defensive stats than Canelo despite marching into the fire all night. And that's because he knows how to stay off center, shift coming in, and use educated probes and his amazing jab much better than Canelo does. GGG also has a much better jab with far less of a tell when he throws it, and he knows how to get it through his opponent's guard from all sorts of angles. GGG's footwork is far superior, his balance, his ring IQ. He seems to adjust better. He relied almost purely on skill and smarts to solve the puzzle of a bigger, faster, longer, powerful guy in Jacobs who moved and switched stances for all 12 rounds. Canelo has never cracked a puzzle like that. I guess Lara but Lara doesn't switch stances, and he weighed less than Canelo not more, and he only has power against some normal junior middleweights, not guys Canelo's size draining down.

So if skill just means hand speed, yes Canelo is more skilled. If it just means head movement, not overall defense, then Canelo is more skilled. But if you look at everything altogether, Golovkin is more skilled, his skills just come in more unique, unconventional areas that the average fan does not notice as easily as they notice hand speed. GGG is also more powerful, which is why Oscar didn't let Canelo fight him until Brook and Jacobs made him look human. I think two years ago it was pretty much unanimous among the boxing community that GGG would thrash Canelo. The only reason people question that now is GGG's age. He's also taller, has the reach advantage... hand speed and head movement are literally the only things Canelo did better than him. GGG's stamina was also better, we'll find out if it still is. Prime GGG was better in like 20 categories, Canelo was better in like two.

The only other one you can say is Canelo is a better counter puncher, but GGG is basically a pressure counter puncher. He uses his pressure cutting off the ring, combined with his good defense coming in, to pressure you into throwing a punch, which he will then slip and counter with big power shots. He is also a counter puncher. Can he counter in the pocket as well as Canelo can? I mean, when he was Canelo's age and had the hand speed, hell yeah. Has he been able to recently against faster younger guys like Jacobs? Not so much, and that's a concern. At the same time, Canelo still can't pressure-counter as well as GGG can, and he's certainly not anywhere as skilled at cutting off the ring. So you can call that category a tie, each with their own style of counter-punching that they do better than the other, but everything else besides hand speed and waist movement goes to GGG. His skill is very underrated. Olympic silver medalist who was apparently set up in the final otherwise he would be a gold medalist. Outpointed Andre Dirrell in the amateurs as well, who was an incredible amateur. I truly believe GGG is a more skilled boxer than Canelo. The only question I have about this fight is his age.
              Last edited by Boxing Logic; 07-07-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                spence is usually on point with his predictions

canelo didnt look his best vs smith largely because of the weight. he had his calves taped .

160 is a perfect weight for him

ggg has a better gas tank imo and will win because of that. canelo has slowed down in fights where he has not taken many shots so after a few rounds with golovkin and his gameplan of having to move which will expend energy , i jus think ggg will throw more shots and outpoint canelo.....only way i can see canelo winning is if he takes the risks and uses his greater handspeed and exchanges in the pocket, and limits his mistakes so he doesnt get caught
                I just don't see canela having the stamina to do all the things he has to do to beat GGG. He got tired fighting a freaking punching bag his last fight. He even admitted he got tired People forget that he has not really fought at 160 and that extra weight plus GGG's MW power are going to give him a shock. I got GGG by late KO or a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
                  say whattt? you really think so? I think GGG is gonna KO Canelo
                  I truly believe that. I have this feeling Canelo is going to win decisively.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    Agree with much you say but you have to put it in context. Canelo has looked good against a good contender type fighter - Trout - but not so good against elite defensive fighters - Lara and Mayweather. Still, all three have better boxing skills than any opponent that Golovkin has faced, including arguably Jacobs.

Though, that said, you are either trolling or have very little idea about what exactly a journeyman boxer is. Not that Golovkin's opponents have been elite but Murray, Macklin, Lemieux and Jacobs are not journeymen and more importantly they are all fully fledged MWs.

but there is the obvious twist ... all Canelo's opponents bar Chavez were at LMW. The one time Canelo has jumped up to MW or higher, and no, I don't count 155 as MW even though technically it is, he lacked power against Chavez jr.

Canelo will struggle to deal with the power Golovkin lands. GGG will struggle to land because Canelo is and will fight more elusive than any fighter Golovkin has faced.
                    Canelo more elusive than Brook, Jacobs or Monroe jr??

Comment

It appears that many people really believe that GGG got exposed by Jacobs. So did Kovalev expose Ward in their 1st fight? Did Castillo expose Floyd? People forget that styles make fight. We are not giving enough credit to Jacobs for fighting the perfect fight against GGG. Unlike Canelo, Jacobs is a big, tall and strong middleweight who can really punch. Don't get me wrong...Canelo is a very skilled fighter but the Chavez's fight made him look better than what he really is. I am sure he would have struggled or perhaps lost against Jacobs too...

Comment

Working...
                      X