No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Weeks Owes Apologies to Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    My bad homie!!! Just tired of ppl tripping once a fighter loses. They act like the boxer SUKS! And it HURTS both. Because it takes away a GREAT win for 1 and a GREAT loss for the other... I'm just glad REAL experts know.

Kovalov is STILL P4P Top 10. And WARD is P4P #1.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...takes-top-spot
    all good, kov is a good fighter of course, but he lost this one and gave up imo, just tired of all the crying and excuses

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      All week? If you see his history, you would he doesn't like Andre Ward.

Keith Idec always writes stuff to make white fighters look good, he is always putting down Andre Ward too, not the first article.
      He is awful and no more credible than some of the worst posters on this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        FACT: Weeks should have allowed that fight to continue

FACT: but he did not, and there is no point crying about it

FACT: the better man won, and Kovalev was done

You know boxing. What do you think Kovalov next move should be??? Me

1. Fire his trainer. Don't need that BS (No matter the fault).
        2. Hire a NEW one and LISTEN to him
        3. Remember where you came from and what made you great.
        4. Fight a 1-2 top 5-10 LHW's
        5. Then be a CHAMPION again

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          NSAC is corrupt.

You could put the result of the first fight down to "just one of things that sometimkes vhappen in boxing" But what I saw in that rematch was corruption at work.

I see the usual bunch of whiney crybaby b1tches

shamelessly embarrassing themselves

AGAIN

FACT: Golovkin ducked Ward, nothing has happened to change that fact..... even another controversial win over Kovalev does not change that fact

FACT: Ward would have outclassed GGG and likely stopped him

to elevate Golovkin, you guys need to back him to beat Canelo, not denigrate Ward..... denigrating Ward will not elevate Golovkin..... you know that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
            If this article Is so bad, let's hear the reasons why.
            Other than the last punch where are the other perceived low blows? Please show me because I haven't seen them yet.

The only thing Kovalev was robbed of was a worse ass kicking than he got.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Other than the last punch where are the other perceived low blows? Please show me because I haven't seen them yet.

How many times is a fighter allowed to hit his opponent low before it becomes a foul?

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

Rewatch the fight. Ward was warned In the second round for low blows.

Maybe you should read responses form the numerous members on this board who's biggest complaint happens to be the fact that Ward was denied the opportunity to end the fight without post fight controversy and Kovalev was denied the opportunity of going out on his back, or given the chance to make a comeback.

You don't end a fight on a foul. It's not right to the fighters or the fans.

Furthermore, F**k all the Motherf***ers on this board turning this Into some skin color Issue. Find something more constructive to do with your time.
                Last edited by ironmt; 06-23-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  You know boxing. What do you think Kovalov next move should be??? Me

1. Fire his trainer. Don't need that BS (No matter the fault).
                  2. Hire a NEW one and LISTEN to him
                  3. Remember where you came from and what made you great.
                  4. Fight a 1-2 top 5-10 LHW's
                  5. Then be a CHAMPION again

Stevenson..... because Kovalev is legit, and he may not have too many other options..... but not sure if that is possible

that is the best way forward..... they should move heaven and earth to get that fight..... Stevenson is the easiest path for Kovalev

not meaning that Stevenson is easy, just that a win over him puts Kovalev right back on top at 175..... and at his age, and at this stage of his career (without a settled camp), Stevenson must be a more attractive proposition than having to start at the bottom and work his way through a pile of tough young contenders again

they should give Stevenson whatever he wants to make that fight..... because Kovalev can win it

but you're 100% right

1) yep, main point being "(No matter the fault)."..... just fix it

If Kovalev does not respect/trust Jackson, then they should both move on

2) 3) 4) 5)..... he needs to find a happy camp that works for him..... and yea, he likely needs to re-dedicate himself and make a genuine commitment to his handler..... I like everything about Kovalev except his attitude when it comes to his corner

and I would even take Kovalev/Stevenson over Golovkin/Canelo

and over any other fight I can think of

that fight STILL really appeals to me, I would love to see that

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                    Keith been crying about this all week. There is a reason that everyone on this forum only has the gif of the last punch; its because there isn't any evidence of 3 low blows. Just because the writer states it doesn't make it true. Sergey bent over from the two body shots that were right on the red K on his belt. He put himself in a bad position when the other fighter is digging body shots. If you want to complain, complain about the fighter who spent the latter half of the fight looking to get the other DQ'd

There's another low one, followed by a punch to the back of the head.

And btw, one low blow should be enough for a foul to be called, it doesn't need to happen multiple times
                    Last edited by kafkod; 06-23-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      How many times is a fighter allowed to hit his opponent low before it becomes a foul?

what is worse, committing a foul, or faking a foul ?.

take your time

Comment

Working...
                      X