Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Weeks Owes Apologies to Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you guys who are here just to bash Ward.....

don't forget that Kovalev took a dive, willya..... ?

is committing a foul REALLY worse than faking a foul..... ?

obviously, that fight should have been allowed to continue

but, it was not......

and..... it's not like Weeks awarded that fight to Kovalev or anything.....

Comment

• FACT: if Weeks did not clearly see that last punch connect below the beltline, no way should he have ruled in favor of Kovalev

Kovalev..... the guy who lied to him, and tried to fake THAT VERY SAME FOUL, only moments earlier

if Weeks gave Ward the benefit of the doubt on that last punch, because he could clearly see that Kovalev was faking fouls and looking for a way out..... then I am good with that..... because referee's make mistakes, and Kovalev looked like he was done

obviously the fight should have continued, but the right man won

it is amusing that the most vocal "analysts" want to cry bloody murder about the last punch, but don't even want to talk about what happened in this gif.....

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Stevenson..... because Kovalev is legit, and he may not have too many other options..... but not sure if that is possible

that is the best way forward..... they should move heaven and earth to get that fight..... Stevenson is the easiest path for Kovalev

not meaning that Stevenson is easy, just that a win over him puts Kovalev right back on top at 175..... and at his age, and at this stage of his career (without a settled camp), Stevenson must be a more attractive proposition than having to start at the bottom and work his way through a pile of tough young contenders again

they should give Stevenson whatever he wants to make that fight..... because Kovalev can win it

but you're 100% right

1) yep, main point being "(No matter the fault)."..... just fix it

If Kovalev does not respect/trust Jackson, then they should both move on

2) 3) 4) 5)..... he needs to find a happy camp that works for him..... and yea, he likely needs to re-dedicate himself and make a genuine commitment to his handler..... I like everything about Kovalev except his attitude when it comes to his corner

and I would even take Kovalev/Stevenson over Golovkin/Canelo

and over any other fight I can think of

that fight STILL really appeals to me, I would love to see that
        Thats why I asked you. I forgot Kovalov is 34.

I would bet $$$$ on Kov if he fights Stevenson. I mean those windmill punches look GREAT and all but a real BOXER sees that sht a MILE away. Thats good for bar fights and against clowns. A few hard jabs when their running in and then bounce to right right your good.

Comment

• Terrible stoppage. Terrible officiating. Terrible commentary. Terrible scorecards.

Comment

• Justified Decision

as the in-ring official responsible for fighter referee Tony Weeks made the decision to save Kovalev from dangerous possibly deadly blows to the head after Ward landed nearly 15 unanswered punches.
            Due to the multiple fighter safety events including hospitalizations and even dead in the past weeks I can't disagree with the decision to end the assault on an indefensive fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              How many times is a fighter allowed to hit his opponent low before it becomes a foul?
              At least as many times as the other fighter lands rabbit punches. The only difference is that Ward didn't punk out and try to quit like Kovalev did. A low blow wasn't what finished Kovalev. It's nothing more than an excuse for him getting his ass kicked.
              Last edited by joseph5620; 06-24-2017, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Andre Ward the dirty cheater

Comment

• The last of those three punches, the shot that made Weeks stop the fight, landed directly to Kovalev’s groin area. Weeks’ decision to stop their fight following such an obvious low blow amounted to one of the most unusual conclusions to a high-profile fight you’ll ever see.
                  Was a strange way to end a fight.

Comment

• It was bad and sucks for boxing, a big event cannot happen without ****, or some form of it.

All my casual friends said ward won by nutshot KO. And they were rooting for him.

IT MADE BOXING LOOK BAD

Comment

• Weeks owes nothing. kova bent over and quit. he owes his own fans an apology

Comment

Working...
                      X