Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Weeks Owes Apologies to Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Weeks Owes Apologies to Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward

By Keith Idec - The apologetic Tweets from Tony Weeks quickly began circulating Saturday night. One noted that he would not have stopped the Andre Ward-Sergey Kovalev rematch had he known Ward had landed multiple low blows before he stepped in. Another included the words "I was wrong" and "I missed the low blows from Ward...
    [Click Here To Read More]

This writer owes this website an apology.

Comment

Poor article. Very very poor

Comment

Well put, right on

Comment

This fight must have been the worst miscarriage of justice since Duran hit Buchannan below the belt after the bell!

Comment

If this article Is so bad, let's hear the reasons why.

Comment

Spot on. Poor officiating is poor officiating.

The lowblows were there for all to see. The stoppage was far too early.

It is possible to recognise this and still give Ward massive credit for a great performance and a great win. He is a hell of a fighter.

Comment

Apologies in pro sports...is there anything more meaningless?

Take the NFL for example. They issue apologies after virtually every week for blown calls. Some that cost teams games. You think those "apologies" make the losing team feel any better?

Comment

He claimed 3 low blows where? The only conclusive one was the last shot and even that wasn't low low low. It was half on the beltline and half downstairs. So where were the 3 low blows that was suggested in this article? I really hope he wasn't referring to those 2 bodyshots that made Kovalev fold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    He claimed 3 low blows where? The only conclusive one was the last shot and even that wasn't low low low. It was half on the beltline and half downstairs. So where were the 3 low blows that was suggested in this article? I really hope he wasn't referring to those 2 bodyshots that made Kovalev fold.
                    How can It be conclusive, but not really? It's either low or It wasn't. The 3rd shot was not on the beltline, It was low. Ward was also warned about low blows In the second round, so It wasn't a case where Ward was a stranger to low blows.

Comment

Working...
                    X