Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev: I admit Ward was better. I give him credit. But I fought against two man.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    That's lower than any punch Ward threw. The last shot was low. Ref didn't see where it landed because Kovalev was hunched over, just like Ward was in that gif.
    Maybe. I think at least two were low in the final sequence. But ward is facing the ropes in that gif, the ref had a perfect vantage point on kovalev being wailed on by three consecutive, very borderline shots. Where does a ref look when punches are being thrown I wonder, the cieling maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
      Dude, stop with the BS. He gave respect to Ward which Is something that the majority of us didn't think we would ever see and their were no excuses because the final punch to end the fight was low and Instead of giving him the standard 5 minute rest period, the fight was waved off.
      more excuses...

Comment

Stop crying...

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          Maybe. I think at least two were low in the final sequence. But ward is facing the ropes in that gif, the ref had a perfect vantage point on kovalev being wailed on by three consecutive, very borderline shots. Where does a ref look when punches are being thrown I wonder, the cieling maybe.
          The ref is stood up looking down, he can't see clearly where a shot lands on a bent over fighter. The fighters back and in this case Kovalevs arms are obscuring the view. Common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            giving respect and excuses at the same time....lol
            The straight right hand Ward landed was a cracking shot and the two inside chopping hooks to the body were a work of art

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
              He obviously means Weeks.
              Who knows, maybe he means JDJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                The ref is stood up looking down, he can't see clearly where a shot lands on a bent over fighter. The fighters back and in this case Kovalevs arms are obscuring the view. Common sense.
                So bent over his head is level with wards shoulder. Nah, weeks could see.

Comment

Weeks really shat the bed. Can't trust him in big fights with Americans involved now. This isn't the first time.

Great performance by Ward though. Best fighter in the world. And I still don't think he's as good as he was 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    So bent over his head is level with wards shoulder. Nah, weeks could see.
                    There's a few camera angles of the final blows and only 1 shows 1 shot landing cleanly. Weeks wasn't stood centre like that camera, it's very likely his view was obscured.

Comment

Lol time to move on. Ward won, Kovalev fell apart and at least for this fight, the Krusher got crushed. Both fighter are still amongst the best in the world. Let all the whining and belly aching go. Accept it and on to the next fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X