Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I'm The King, Not My Fault Kovalev Pulled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Stevenson's bank account ****s all over Kovalev's.

Adonis fights in packed houses..... on Showtime

Kovalev's biggest fight was on PPV that nobody bought.

HBO even didn't have the funds to pay the fighters
    As a boxing fan what does stevensons bank account do for you, does he pay your rent or something?

You must have me mistaken for someone who's a fan of a fighter rather than the sport itself. The fact kovalev doesn't sell ppvs won't keep me awake at night.

No one bought the Ward fight which reflects worse on Andre Ward seeing as he's the American and it was a ppv fight in America.
    Last edited by Fabes88; 06-04-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jewishguy22 View Post
      Regardless of what level you think they're at, Kov Ward Pascal Hopkins etc are all at a higher level than anything Stevenson has faced. When people discuss his biggest fights its about a tie between the pre-destroyed Dawson he fought and the guy he fought last night.

If 175 isn't anything special then Stevenson spent his career fighting the third-rate table scraps in a nothing special division.
      Finally someone talking some sense around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
        He's absolutely right. Somehow people forget that he was after a unification fight with Hopkins from the first day he beat Dawson. People also seem to forget HBO only wanted to give him 2.5m for three fights where showtime gave him b that just for fonfara and the option to unify with Hopkins. People also forget that Hopkins went back to HBO, and that scrapped the December card which would have also featured wilder vs stiverne. People also forget that Kovalev talked tough for over a year only to pull out of the purse bid days before it was set to happen. I never understood the disrespect that he gets for things that weren't even his fault.
        https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748066

Comment

Once he faces a fighter that negates that left hand by circling to their left.
          Dude is in trouble. The elite fighters don't just keep their head and body in the danger zone. Fonfara didn't create any problems, he was such an easy target too hit.

One of the frowned upon champions for good reason. The fans hate him lol

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Can't argue with Stevenson here. Kov pulled out of the purse bid and since then, negotiations have not taken place.

Problem is, with how inactive top fighters are, especially the PBC guys, we can't even imagine the two fighting at years end.

If Kov v Stevenson doesnt happen it will be one of the worst misses in boxing history.
            Yeah, Kov vs Stevenson is a fire fight.

I would rather see it than Kov vs Dre 2 to be honnest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              Kovalev screwed himself by going to back to HBO.

Didn't know you were an Adonis fan...

I thought you didn't like "one trick pony punchers" like GGG but only slick tecnicians...

I wonder what makes you an Adonis defender.

Let me guess....

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                outside of Ward (who is called a cheating bum around here), Kovs biggest fight is Pascal... lets not act like anyone in that division has this amazing resume. "high level opposition"
                Let's be honnest, he's most likely ranked number one P4P "around here" despite the fact that isn't done much in boxing for 5 years except that Kova fact wich result was controversial so I wouldn't cry about the treatment Ward is receiving...

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
                  Do you have link or video on this?
                  There's definitely video, I've watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    As a boxing fan what does stevensons bank account do for you, doesn't he pay your rent or something?

You must have me mistaken for someone who's a fan of a fighter rather than the sport itself. The fact kovalev doesn't sell ppvs won't keep me awake at night.

No one bought the Ward fight which reflects worse on Andre Ward seeing as he's the American and it was a ppv fight in America.
                    Just pointing out that Showtime was a better move than staying at HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      Didn't know you were an Adonis fan...

I thought you didn't like "one trick pony punchers" like GGG but only slick tecnicians...

I wonder what makes you an Adonis defender.

Let me guess....
                      I wonder why you're on Kovalev's lap.

Let me guess.....

Comment

Working...
                      X