Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I'm The King, Not My Fault Kovalev Pulled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    Team Kovalev was still willing to negotiate and even had a verbal agreement with HBO for the fight to take place on PPV. It was Stevenson's team that looked for a purse bid immediately. Despite the fact that Stevenson wasn't contractually obligated to a network, and Kovalev was. It's like they were avoding fighting on HBO for whatever reason, despite the fact that the fight would have been bigger on HBO than any other network.

But Stevenson was hell bent on getting a purse bid instead of negotiating.
    By the look of things it seems that the PBC/Showtime association would have brought more butter on the bread than what HBO was willing to put... So they chickened out ... Just a thought ...

Comment

There's really no excuse the winner of the Ward/Kov fight can't fight Stevenson by the year's end.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        That's not true Hopkins is. Kovalevs resume ****s all over Stevensons. Hell even pascals does.
        Stevenson's bank account ****s all over Kovalev's.

Adonis fights in packed houses..... on Showtime

Kovalev's biggest fight was on PPV that nobody bought.

HBO even didn't have the funds to pay the fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          That's not true Hopkins is. Kovalevs resume ****s all over Stevensons. Hell even pascals does.
          name wise but lets not forget he was 49 years old, Kovs resume is better but its not by this landslide. Kov is one of my fav fighters. His team and stevensons team both left negotiations so either way it goes if u accuse one of ducking u have to accuse the other

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            There's really no excuse the winner of the Ward/Kov fight can't fight Stevenson by the year's end.
            There was no excuse for Duva to reject the same purse bid she demanded......and walked away from a fight she claimed she wanted.

No excuse for it.

...but that's what she did.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              By the look of things it seems that the PBC/Showtime association would have brought more butter on the bread than what HBO was willing to put... So they chickened out ... Just a thought ...
              Kovalev screwed himself by going to back to HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by jewishguy22 View Post
                Regardless of what level you think they're at, Kov Ward Pascal Hopkins etc are all at a higher level than anything Stevenson has faced. When people discuss his biggest fights its about a tie between the pre-destroyed Dawson he fought and the guy he fought last night.

If 175 isn't anything special then Stevenson spent his career fighting the third-rate table scraps in a nothing special division.
                pascal, and a 49 year old hopkins are kovs biggest wins in the division

The guy he fought last night, Cloud, And a pre destroyed Dawson are Adonis best wins I dont really see the big deal of boasting in one or the other.

Comment

Regardless of whose fault it is between Kov and Adonis, someone explain why Adonis has not had a top notch fight in years. Ward and Kovalev fought each other and opponents that were better than Adonis's opponents. Why is that? Stevenson has had bad management so the fact is Kov and Ward have both taken risks that Adonis and his management have not. Adonis even ducked Alvarez to fight a pointless rematch against a guy not only he beat but Joe Smith had just torched. Adonis should be fighting Alvarez, Joe Smith, Barrera, something, anything! If Adonis had fought those guys, he would have gotten respect from the boxing industry that he doesnt get nor deserve.
                  Last edited by richardt; 06-04-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                    So what's the plan now? If he somehow does not fight the winner of Ward vs Kovalev, what's left?
                    Adonis' path is clear:

1. fight his mandatory Alvarez then

2. fight winner of Ward-Kov

End of criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      name wise but lets not forget he was 49 years old, Kovs resume is better but its not by this landslide. Kov is one of my fav fighters. His team and stevensons team both left negotiations so either way it goes if u accuse one of ducking u have to accuse the other
                      He was 49 but he was coming off a big win and was on a hot streak. He beat pascal too don't forget that's why I rate that win more highly

I think it is better by a landslide, he's fought Ward Hopkins pascal and cleverly to name a few. Apart from dawson and a drained bellew Stevenson hasn't really done too much to shout about which is a shame because he's an exciting fighter to watch.

I haven't accused Stevenson of ducking I'm aware they have both been the cause of the fight breaking down but my point is stevenson gets a harder time because of the dog**** opponents he's fought recently.

Comment

Working...
                      X