Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I'm The King, Not My Fault Kovalev Pulled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dislike this guy and his record and 175 is shit compare to those Kovalev has fought in the same division, but I really cannot get over the fact that Team Kovalev called for a purse bid, Team Adonis were ready and willing and Team Kovalev ducked that purse bid. That I cannot get over, really don't care if Adonis signed with showtime or HBO that's his and his manager to manage. When it came down to an organisation calling a purse bid that they called for they ran away from it.

This was like Timothy Bradley asking Amir Khan not to duck him "Stop running out there" and when he got offered the fight he ducked it "If I lose I would be out of the Pacquiao sweepstakes"

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
      He gets disrespect because of the house painters, cab drivers and mechanics he's fought since then whilst everyone else has all fought a high level of opposition. Let's not gloss over that please.
      outside of Ward (who is called a cheating bum around here), Kovs biggest fight is Pascal... lets not act like anyone in that division has this amazing resume. "high level opposition"

Comment

Stevenson, the best win of your entire career was a cracked out Chad Dawson. Keep hiding out in Canada Superduck!!

Comment

i just skim these threads to see if stevenson has fought anyone noteworthy yet or if his entire division is still "ducking him" while somehow having no problem fighting each other

yep yep still the same

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
            outside of Ward (who is called a cheating bum around here), Kovs biggest fight is Pascal... lets not act like anyone in that division has this amazing resume. "high level opposition"
            Regardless of what level you think they're at, Kov Ward Pascal Hopkins etc are all at a higher level than anything Stevenson has faced. When people discuss his biggest fights its about a tie between the pre-destroyed Dawson he fought and the guy he fought last night.

If 175 isn't anything special then Stevenson spent his career fighting the third-rate table scraps in a nothing special division.

Comment

Let me understand...

They almost had the fight done on HBO... then Adonis runs to Showtime and haymon...

Then Kovalev and Main Events went to the WBC and beg them to make him Adonis' mandatory, right?... and this only in order to pull out from the fight, later? ))

... wait!!! they almost had another fight done after that... until Adonis said: it's on HBO, but it must be on Showtime also!!!

... a.s.o.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                That's not true Hopkins is. Kovalevs resume ****s all over Stevensons. Hell even pascals does.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  Fight was all but set for HBO but Stevenson went to Showtime to avoid the fight. That is the FACT and you know Im right so only one ignoring anything is your dumbass. So Stevenson botched the fight. Look at him now, nobody cares when he fights and everybody knows the 2 top fighters at LHW are Kovalev and Ward.
                  This guy just hates the truth.

Stevenson would been a fool NOT to go to Showtime.
                  Kovalev should have gone with him.

He'd be a LOT richer...that's for damn sure.

Stevenson can buy a fleet of Kovalev's...

Going to Showtime is not what killed the fight
                  Duva killed by running away from the purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
                    Actually it was team Kovalev and main events who went to the wbc in order to make Kovalev the wbc mandatory. One they got what they wanted, negotiations were suppose to start after Kovalev fought pascal, and superman fought bika. Michaels then asked for the purse bid and Kovalev pulled out a few days before the bid was suppose to happen. Let's not forget that Kovalev was contractually bound to HBO when he spent an entire year calling superman pieces of s#!t, a monkey, calling for a fight, and lobbying the wbc to make the fight happen. Hard to understand how that could be used as an excuse after he ducks the fight he's been promoting his name on. In fact, Kovalev vs pascal 1 was his last fight on HBO. He renewed his contract as the purse bid was being set to take place. I don't understand how Kovalev been getting a pass on this.
                    Team Kovalev was still willing to negotiate and even had a verbal agreement with HBO for the fight to take place on PPV. It was Stevenson's team that looked for a purse bid immediately. Despite the fact that Stevenson wasn't contractually obligated to a network, and Kovalev was. It's like they were avoding fighting on HBO for whatever reason, despite the fact that the fight would have been bigger on HBO than any other network.

But Stevenson was hell bent on getting a purse bid instead of negotiating.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      saying he went to showtime to avoid the fight is a bit ridiculous he went to showtime and haymon cause it was the better option and haymon and showtime were running **** at the time. how thats considered running and ducking is a bit weird to me. why wouldnt he sign with haymon and showtime if they were offering him a deal. i hate stephenson but this idea that he is scared to fight kovalev i just dont buy and never have.

every fighter in the world signs with the promoter, manager, network that offers the best deal regardless what potential fight they are leaving behind kov being at hbo doesnt change that. stevenson is a piece of trash but this ducking narrative is so tired and ridiculous
                      It's that peasant mentality.

They can't fathom wanting to make more money.

Stevenson is cashing checks Kovalev will never see.

Hell

Leo Santa Cruz can buy a fleet of Kovalev's

Comment

Working...
                      X