Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I'm The King, Not My Fault Kovalev Pulled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both made business moves, but what Stevenson did was worse. Going to Showtime made this fight a lot harder to finalize. If he didn't know that, Haymon certainly did. This fight could've been made before Stevenson went to Showtime.

Comment

You know unlike Pascal Eleider Alvarez will not pass on his mandatory shot, tha boy is not a draw so he cant go off and fight a geezer in tha HOF ; and Kovalev whats good boy? you won the WBC 'Diamond' belt but tha champ is rocking real bling nothing fugazi -- oh I forgot you got no belts my bad!

Comment

He's absolutely right. Somehow people forget that he was after a unification fight with Hopkins from the first day he beat Dawson. People also seem to forget HBO only wanted to give him 2.5m for three fights where showtime gave him b that just for fonfara and the option to unify with Hopkins. People also forget that Hopkins went back to HBO, and that scrapped the December card which would have also featured wilder vs stiverne. People also forget that Kovalev talked tough for over a year only to pull out of the purse bid days before it was set to happen. I never understood the disrespect that he gets for things that weren't even his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Both made business moves, but what Stevenson did was worse. Going to Showtime made this fight a lot harder to finalize. If he didn't know that, Haymon certainly did. This fight could've been made before Stevenson went to Showtime.
          Hind sights 20/20 but looking back at it now that was BRILLIANT move going to Showtime. HBO doesn't even do boxing any more. All the GREAT fights so far have been on Showtime. For Christ sakes Victor Postol vs. Crawford was on HBO PPV. They wanted to put Cotto/Thurman on HBO PPV. Liam Smith/Canelo. All fights that should be on regular HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            If he got a lot more money for going to Showtime, isn't that the bottom line? Besides, HBO and Showtime seem to be working together on a few fights. They should be able to do the same for Stevenson against the winner of Kovalev/Ward.

Comment

vs kovaloff would be something to see and I think kovaloff would take him out but I would much prefer to see him vs Ward, but Andre would never take that chance or leave the safe confines of Oakland...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
                He's absolutely right. Somehow people forget that he was after a unification fight with Hopkins from the first day he beat Dawson. People also seem to forget HBO only wanted to give him 2.5m for three fights where showtime gave him b that just for fonfara and the option to unify with Hopkins. People also forget that Hopkins went back to HBO, and that scrapped the December card which would have also featured wilder vs stiverne. People also forget that Kovalev talked tough for over a year only to pull out of the purse bid days before it was set to happen. I never understood the disrespect that he gets for things that weren't even his fault.
                Couldn't agree more. Y es, I don't like stevenson's last fight (should have fight Joe Smith ) , but it's not all his fault. Kovalev DID get away from the purse bid. . It's a fact ! !!

Comment

Originally posted by gspm23 View Post
                  Couldn't agree more. Y es, I don't like stevenson's last fight (should have fight Joe Smith ) , but it's not all his fault. Kovalev DID get away from the purse bid. . It's a fact ! !!
                  yes its not all his fault just mostly. after kovalev pulled out he offered him the fight for the same 5050 split but stevenson preferred to fight bums for years instead of taking the fight. he knew he could use the well kovalev pulled out of the purse bid excuse to continue ducking the fight and some people would only pay attention to that

Comment

King of the slimy pimps

Comment

He's a joke and a clown. Until he has a fight worth a damn I could not possibly care less about Superduck.

Comment

Working...
                      X