No announcement yet.

Do you guys like Ward's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    if you are the underdog its ok if you headbutt your opponent over and over and clinch almost 100 times? i find it strange when someone is cheating right in front of your eyes and some people dont notice. maybe they just dont care is more accurate.
    nah the referee shouldn't have let him get away with it i understand you not giving him a pass. watching some of the replays now and it's really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
      Its hard to ref those moves.

When he punches & dives in with his head, was that intentional? To his credit, I haven't seen the accidental/intentional butting a lot since Kessler, where it was out of hand.

The clinching is hard too. A lot of boxers clinch -- he's just really good at it and does it more.

I do wish refs would be more active in preventing clinches -- and taking points where necessary.
      and when he doesnt punch and just dives forward? whats that about?

yes they do and its unfortunate its become normalized

so do I. get much better fights but unfortunately its mostly the a-side guy doing it so its allowed. berto was clinching a lot against collazo and the ref took a point and the fight turned out great. that should happen every time but a-sides need their protection

Comment

Originally posted by hrt3333 View Post
        nah the referee shouldn't have let him get away with it i understand you not giving him a pass. watching some of the replays now and it's really bad.
        unfortunately thats boxing and then when you complain about it people call you a hater lol.

Comment

I like Ward's style, must admit the Bika fight was tough to watch. Aside from that he put's on entertaining performances in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I do.

But sometimes I'd like to see him spoil less.
            This.

His inside work is absolutely amazing imo. I just wish he would wrestle a little less and let his hands go a bit more. If nothing else it would likely increase his KO percentage, because more of that nasty body work of his would add up quicker in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              This.

His inside work is absolutely amazing imo. I just wish he would wrestle a little less and let his hands go a bit more. If nothing else it would likely increase his KO percentage, because more of that nasty body work of his would add up quicker in a fight.
              thats his entire style though. without the wrestling he wouldnt be able to do any work. hes not going in there with a high guard looking to get close and land punches. hes going in there to wrestle and hold the other guy and find openings while they are dealing with his illegal tactics. a lot of times hes clearly locking up the other guys arm and hitting him with his other arm,or another move he does is hold them around the back and hit with his other arm. sometimes he will clinch then free himself and punch but im not even sure that should coutn since the only way he was able to have the opportunity to land anything was becaus he used illegal tactics in the first place. too bad he cant fight on the inside like toney or someone like that and has to cheat.

Comment

his style is the bomb diggity...when i have problems sleeping and it gets to about 1, 2 am, i throw on one of his classics and next thing you know I am out like a light...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  his style is the bomb diggity...when i have problems sleeping and it gets to about 1, 2 am, i throw on one of his classics and next thing you know I am out like a light...
                  So true. His fights, despite the fact he is very skilled, are very boring. He does what it takes to win even if that means him going into Billy goat mode. My biggest beef with Ward is his inactivity. He hardly ever fights. But he definitely has the talent. Just wish he would display it more often.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    He does none of these things. You Charlatan.
                    I'm sorry did you really say he does none of what was listed?

Comment

I enjoy watching him fight because he is crafty and uses his smarts in the ring and it shows. He outclasses other fighters and is willing to get in there with anyone, have to respect a fighter like that

Comment

Working...
                      X