Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loma is scary good, better than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

😣😣😣 we've got to stop doing this after every fighter has a good showing. THIS IS WHAT BUILDS HATERS. Let the man build his career and build his resume. Floyd is literally the greatest fighter of his era like SHUT THE **** UP and let Loma build his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      I like Loma. I invented a new sexual orientation just for Loma.

At the same time, I don't disregard the excellence of Mayweather. When Loma has 20 fights I think we can make a better comparison.

Right now we are all in shock at just how good Loma is. I'm happy to wait for that shock to wear off before I make comparisons with Loma and the greats of the past.

I would say that I would much rather watch Loma fight than Mayweather. To be fair though, Mayweather only got really boring in the last part of his career.
      Just popped in to say you DIDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE to inventing Lomasexual. That was a phrase used while he was still in the Olympics.

Comment

Floyd at 29 cannot be compared to Loma at 29 career wise! Loma is the man and I favor him against everyone south of 147, except Crawford. But to me the Gary Russell fight was the only marquee win to me. Walters was a good win, but he did not have the same results like he did at 126. Loma's IQ is just too elite for guys his size. The best is yet to come for Loma, which means that it is not right now. Wins against Garcia and Robert Easter jr would propel him over Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          both guys lost to plodder types in salido and castillo so i dont see how you can use that only agaisnt loma and that was his 2nd pro fight or something. floyd already had like 27 fights when he lost. as far as the rest of their resumes loma has crushed prime guys like russell and walters where floyd really only fought one style unless it was old faded fighters who had tougher styles. this is what happens when you go easy on the resume like floyd did. you get passed up by guys. maybe in a fantasy world floyd is better but what hes acomplishming is more impressive at least so far. floyd still has the advantage overall of course but prime for prime loma is doing more.
          This is why you're a bigot. You are a pure and utter hypocrite. Loma isn't being punished for taking risks. He is being punished for LOSING. There is a difference! Moreover, stop comparing Loma after 8 fights to Floyd after 8 fights. The PROPER comparison is a 26 year old Floyd and a 26 year old Mayweather because their LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE was the same. ****ing moron. And no I'm not putting you on ignore I'm going to keep calling you out on your bull**** Everytime I see it.

Comment

Loma is 29 years old already.

Just lol at everyone wanting to compare his record with 19 year old mayweathers ect. You can take that angle for a few years if you really want to but in the end when both are retired and their records are compared, it will be clear the huge difference in skill.

Loma has 5 years max of real prime time left and hasnt beaten anyone of note.

Comment

First of all, Loma is a great, great fighter.

But, let's not act like he is more exciting than a young Floyd or Sweet Pea.

He isn't.

He's not even more exciting than a young Mancini or O'Grady- don't believe me, ask anyone else who was around when those four guys were coming up.

But, what is also true is that he CAN be.

Only time will tell though.

When he has gone thru 4 or five weight classes and beaten the best those classes have to offer, holla back.

Til then, let's concentrate on Loma solving his Salido problem.

And by that, I don't only mean a rematch with Siri.

I mean all those other potential great match-ups out there skilled enough to employ some or all of the tactics Salido used to beat Loma.

That's why I think a Loma fight vs Mikey could turn into a gross mismatch that cannot end well for Vasyl.

I cannot see Loma being the same guy once he gets hit hard and cleanly by bigger men.

But, we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                The angles, the offensive output, the cardio and footwork. He made a lot of my friends into following boxing. OK, he may not have one punch KO power, but Sosa looked like he almost died right before he threw in the towel. Have we seen anyone like Loachenko????

WIll Loma have to move up in weight for anyone to fight him?
                Floyd at 130 was better. The people who are new to boxing caught Floyd at the tail end of his career (welter weight). He fought at three weight classes prior. After his hands got injured he changed his style. The difference between Loma and plenty of these fighters today is conditioning.

Loma is a professional like Floyd, Hopkins, etc. What I mean is that he's always in shape and seems to try to better his craft. Many of these fighters, today, go into a fight trying to lose weight, when Loma and others just try to improve their skills and technique because they're always in shape. When you are not in shape you can't do the things you want to do. Loma does the things he wants to do because he has the energy to sustain it. Many fighters could possible fight like Loma with a high output and do a variety of things, but don't have the energy and likely would burn out by the second or third round. It is the reason fights are won in the gym. If you are in a better conditioning than your opponents you will overwhelm them and wear them down.

Loma uses energy to overwhelm is opponents, Floyd used ring IQ. For example, Loma will throw rapid combos, switch to the side throw rapid combos again. He can sustain it, so his opponents don't have a lot of time to respond. Floyd's opponents will come at him swinging and missing, after Floyd would jabbed them right in solar plex and if they're in a clinch he'll throw short hooks to their solar plex further draining their energy.

Another Argument, I told people one of Pac's greatest asset was Ariza, he gave PAc the energy to sustain his style of fighting over 12rds; Like Loma, but less skilled, he would overwhelm his opponents. When Ariza left, that sustained energy was gone. Glen Johnson used energy to beat Roy Jones.

Conclusively, a professional fighter need to stop waiting for fights to get in shape. Floyd is better because he can use his ring IQ to beat you while still conserving his energy. This is why he could still fight in an advance age.

Comment

come on loma is in a different level. loma got skills (defense and offense) and gaddam so exciting to watch, worth every penny, while fraud jr got defensive skillz but fucking boring as hell.

so please don't compare loma to a mediocre fake fighter like fraud jr!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    yeah but could floyd stop Sosa via corner stoppage?

I think floyd losses a wide UD, possibly knocked out by a hall of famer like Sosa.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      I can't believe I'm sticking up for Floyd. I agree when Floyd was younger he was amazing. I don't know if it was his hands or because he was fighting bigger guys but I don't appreciate his newer style of boxing.

floyd is down on power a lot at 147-154 than he was compared to 130-140, plus the hand problems. He can sting guys but he cant take them out like he could back then, so IDK what else he is supposed to do. Theres some like JMM and cotto he could have pushed harder though and tried to stop them and maybe have gotten it.

Comment

Working...
                      X