Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: They Said I Had No Chance, Should've at Least Been a Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ put on a very good performance but I can't stand him being a sore loser!! Claiming he landed and threw more punches in post fight presser... WRONG... Saying GGG didn't phase him... Did he forget that HBO shows the corners in between rounds?!?! He was rattled on more than one occasion, even asking Rozier "Am I winning" almost like a child asking daddy if he can have some candy... He did confuse GGG and gave him a hell of a fight, not enough to take the belts!! I would love to see the rematch, I do believe age is starting to catch up to GGG so hopefully they do it within the next year...

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
      Did DJ "do as much as Kovalev did"? I don't know, Kovalev knocked down Ward. I do not think DJ even ever hurt GGG at all during the 12 rounds.
      Jacobs did better in the 2nd half of the fight than Kovalev did! Jacobs looked fresh whereas GGG (and Kovalev) looked fatigued and weak! I think what hurts GGG and Kovalev is that when you beat people so easily, and then you're in a tough fight, "you lose even when you win!"

Comment

He proved me wrong. I did not think Jacobs was capable carrying out a composed, reserved game plan like he did. I assumed he'd get suckered into a brawl after eating a few power punches.

Comment

Powers that be robbed him. We all knew it was coming

Comment

Be not being a sore loser he just saying that he won.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              He proved me wrong. I did not think Jacobs was capable carrying out a composed, reserved game plan like he did. I assumed he'd get suckered into a brawl after eating a few power punches.
              He tried to brawl a few times. Golovkin was adamant about keeping it boxing though.

Comment

NO big D you Lost . Get over it . You didn't win if you had I would have said so but you didn't ,,,,,,,win.

You were Not the Effective aggressor . GGG made the fight happen and HE Alone is the real champ. The lineal champ was scared to fight him and just gave GGG the nice title. Good on ya for taking the fight and staying upright for 12 rounds . That is a moral victory but you don't get points for just that.

2nd you didn't outbox GGG . His jab had yer head looking like popping like a speed bag.

3rd most of yer shot were on his gloves

4th YOU were the one who was made out to be the ONE SHOT KILLER !!! The way everyone talked about you made me think you were coming for a gun fight in the first round HA ! You blew it son ! You didn't really believe in yer own POWER ! You never made GGG even blink.

You have to BEAT the champ ! Say it 100 times in the corner with the dunce hat on and do better next time.
                Your the best out there under GGG so keep on keeping on Mang !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
                  if only golovkin handspeed was slightly faster, he'd ko him more than 1 time, but he looked very slow :v, he missed his deadly punches alot, no idea why he didn't try to punch to body alot like usual
                  I was very surprised that Golovkin didn't attack Jacobs body. Could be he had a game plan based on Danny's supposed weak chin, but Jacobs took those head shots better than anybody expected.

I think there will be a rematch, maybe late this year, if Canelo keeps stalling, maybe next year. Jacobs takes breaks in between fights and needs a long time to prepare, so he wouldn't be ready to go again this summer, even if GGG could fit him in.

A draw would have been fair, based on how I saw the fight as it happened, but the Compubox stats tell a different story. Whatever, it was a great fight, very tense and enthralling, and those are the kind of fights that scream out for rematches. I'd love to see them go again.

Comment

Nothing unusual about thinking he won. Most fighters do that. But I honestly don't know what the fuss is. He fought well but didn't do enough, took too many jabs. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Really good fight, not great. Jacobs proved he was the real deal. That being said there is no question Golovkin won the fight. Jacobs did far better than most so called experts predicted but that not a reason to give him the win? 115-112 was reasonable scoring with a point in either direction certainly not unusual but no matter how you scored it Golovkin won. Jacobs now needs to move up to supermiddleweight or light heavyweight because he is certainly not a middleweight. This unusual tactic of have a really early initial weigh in then skipping the weigh in on the day of the fight certainly was done to hide the fact Jacobs was trying to fight for the middleweight title as a light heavyweight, AND HE STILL LOST!

Comment

Working...
                      X