Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :
    Originally posted by peplz View Post
    Yeah this comment shows how much your opinion counts for.
    You just used Floyd's 100 punches as proof he won the fight, yet you dismiss GGGs 60 punches and a knockdown that won him the fight.

Comment

• GGG won the fight on Jacobs home turf and had a Knock down

GGG won the fight fairly even though the fight was close so Jacobs has no reason to complain. The Jacobs knockdown turned the fight to GGG's favor in front of the judges and the home crowd. Great fight for all of boxing. 2 class acts and gentlemen.

Comment

• I was the right decision but very close. There needs to be a rematch sooner rather than later. Golovkin didn't look sharp at all. He wasnt cutting off the ring like he usually does. Jacobs may have had a lot to do with that but we'll know for sure if there is a rematch. Jacobs movement didn't look spectacular but Gennady had problems with it. One thing that has always bothered me about Golivkin's training is I never see him throwing quick combinations. Always power punches. Anyway congrats to Jacobs for making a great effort and to Golovkin for winning a decision. I was doubtful that he could outbox Jacobs before the fight. There needs to be a rematch for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyg6 View Post
          then you're a ****in ******. GGG won
          Good come back sir. Your commentary is always top notch.

Comment

• Is it safe on NSB yet?

That was a good fight. Jacobs had a good plan and good discipline and it carried him far. Dude gave GGG a run for his money. I thought it was a fairly clear squeaker for Golovkin though. At worst he won 6 rounds and has the KD to seal it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
              We knew before the fight that Jacobs was faster, longer and significantly bigger than Golovkin. The faulty assumption that most people had was that Jacobs didn't have the fortitude and the chin to withstand GGG. I never thought that way and I said so in many posts on NSB.

I agree that a seek and destroy fighter will age much quicker than a safety first fighter and I think Golovkin has been declining a little in his last few fights but Danny Jacobs at his best would likely always be a challenging match for Golovkin even if GGG was prime. The size disparity between the two also played a factor but I think we're not giving Jacobs enough credit.

Golovkin won the fight but Jacobs was smart with the way he tried to slow the pace down and stifle GGG's attack. He kept changing up his tactics so that Golovkin couldn't get a consistent rhythm going. But GGG was really accurate with his jab and that seemed to be something that Jacobs couldn't avoid for much of the fight. I was surprised by that,,,and yet I wasn't surprised by that. That was one of my biggest question marks before the fight.....Could Golovkin be effective with the jab like he was in the Lemieux fight. Well, he wasn't AS effective but he was still very effective which just goes to show how good of a jab he has. To be able to out jab the taller, longer, faster man is impressive.

I wouldn't be too hard on Jacobs for his comments after the fight. Even though he didn't win, he still felt like he got the moral victory just by surviving the full 12 rounds, putting on a respectable showing and not getting caught with too many big punches. He seemed pretty happy despite walking away with the loss. I think he's a pretty good dude normally, it's just the situation got him all fired up.
              Fair points, Good post

Comment

• Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
                i think he respected danny's power valot, that's why he didn't aim his body, danny would caught his face 1st before he do that
                Yes, I agree,.....I stated that he respected Jacob's punches a lot .... Jacobs did the same

but when he did throw one, GGG missed a lot of his punches. Reason was that he was head hunting too much. If he aimed lower (body), he would have caught Jacob's more often then on some of those he could have followed up with a head shot.

That would have been a much more effective game plan. If you noticed, Jacobs ducked down or kept on moving his head just enough for GGG to miss his shots. If GGG mixed his punches better, Jacobs would have had a harder time picking up (reading)where GGG was going to throw his next shot at (head/body).

Last edited by ADP02; 03-19-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
                  Blacks don't make up the majority of anything in America and never have other than being the majority of the
                  labor force for 400 years. And if blacks are so biased why are you the only person on the forum who is saying that GGG won the fight clearly? Do you think everyone on the forum is black but you? The fact that you think black Americans are the majority of fight fans and that blacks are biased are biases in and of themselves.
                  I'm sorry I had to lol @ that one

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    Yes, I agree,.....I stated that he respected Jacob's punches a lot .... Jacobs did the same

but when he did throw one, GGG missed a lot of his punches. Reason was that he was head hunting too much. If he aimed lower (body), he would have caught Jacob's more often then on some of those he could have followed up with a head shot.

That would have been a much more effective game plan. If you noticed, Jacobs ducked down or kept on moving his head just enough for GGG to miss his shots. If GGG mixed his punches better, Jacobs would have had a harder time picking up (reading)where GGG was going to throw his next shot at (head/body).

that's why my theory about why he didn't aim jacobs's body is because by the time he aim the body, it'll open his face that could give jacobs opportunity to counter punch quickly, im not sure thou, maybe he realized jacobs is too fast for him idk
                    i want to know expert analysis or explanation from both sides

Comment

• Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                      Neither fighter did anything those first two rounds. And they didn't all go to GGG on all three cards.
                      Jacobs' jab was there in 2 of the three rounds. There's no way G won more than one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X