Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Punch Stats
    PUNCHES
    Landed GOLOVKIN 231 JACOBS 175
    Thrown GOLOVKIN 615 JACOBS 541
    Percent GOLOVKIN 38% JACOBS 32%
    -- Courtesy of CompuBox

(Note: Gonzalez outlanded the Thay with about 200 punches)...
    careful, there are people here that mock punch stats. if the stats were the same but dj won, there would be 100's of threads stating punch stats to support their outrage

chico/sor fight

Comment

• I guess I can see the case for Jacobs but much like the Ward-Kovalev fight I think that is the wrong interpretation of the fight.

My scorecards with the comments I made after each round.

----GGG--JACOBS
      1. 10--9----close, either
      2. 10--9----close-ish but GGG
      3. 9--10----close but left hook from JACOBS, either
      4. 10--8----clear GGG round, JACOBS down
      5. 10--9----clear GGG round
      6. 9--10----close but JACOBS
      7. 9--10----ditto, even closer
      8. 10--9----clear GGG round
      9. 10--9----JACOBS slightly hurt
      10. 9--10----clear JACOBS round
      11. 9--10----first 2mins GGG, last min JACOBS big left hook last couple of secs
      12. 10--9----close, big effort from JACOBS but better quality from GGG

----115--112

Comment

• Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
        I'll say it once. say it again.

if body punches count. if body punching means anything.. then that fight was NOT close. period.

DJ controlled the pace. he was tagging GGG with combos at close range, destroying his ribs. and when he chose to stick and move he made GGG look silly, slow, confused and pathetic.

look at how these people are saying GGG won the fight with JUST a jab..but say Kovalev beat Ward because the only punch Ward had success with was a jab.

I'm keeping a close eye on you mofos.

again I picked GGG by KO. but sickened by this result. DJ dominated.
        if he was destroying his ribs, and I am DJ fan;

How in hell was Golovkin breathing almost normally when the fight ended?

For real, he won and that is it.

I was not rooting for anyone of them.
        After GGG dismantled KB I am not too fond of him, but he won the fight clearly.

I said it once and will say it again, this guy does subtle things and he does them like JCC Sr, very very well.

Comment

• Whether you like punch stats or not, they show what I thought I saw in the fight, ie Golovkin controlling with his jab a lot and Jacobs throwing more power punches.

Interesting comparison with the Kovalev/Ward fight:
          - higher total punches: Golovkin/Kovalev
          - higher total jabs: Golovkin/Ward
          - higher number power punches: Kovalev/Jacobs

Comment

• Hopefully this shuts down that noise of GGG beating a prime Hopkins.

Comment

• Watching a subpar Boxing Nation stream, I thought Jacobs won. The commentators thought he won pretty comfortably. I'll need to watch it with no buffering, skipping, and/or commentary to get my genuine interpretation.

Comment

• I wouldn't say robbery or that I'm devastated by results but I had Jacobs winning

Comment

• Close fight, but had Jacobs winning by enough to call it a bad decision.
                  GGG looked like a normal pressure fighter, kinda one dimensional.
                  Last edited by gatagata; 03-19-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• So pirog over ggg any day!!!!

Comment

• Haha robbery? Ggg won by atleast 3 rds. It was easy to score. He beat jacobs who everyone said was 2nd best mw. Weighed 183 fight night. Bigger,faster,harder puncher, better boxer and weighed as a LHW and got beaten and controlled by GGG. Yeah GGG would beat Hopkins, Hopkins of course would lie and cry and say he was cheated somehow. I think Hagler would have beaten GGG pretty handidly though. But right now GGG is the man. Jacobs could move to super mw and clean house though. He aint no chump, but also he aint no champ at mw haha. Decent fight, no need for rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X