Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlo fights 3 times at MW then starches him

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
      Not sure what white has to do with anything. I dont care if he's purple, I thought It was A Close Fight. For the record, though, GGG isn't "white". He's Asian. Kazakhstan is part of Asia, thus, he is Asian.
      You know race and ethnicity are two different things right? There are white people from Africa, doesn't stop them from being white

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        :

You just used Floyd's 100 punches as proof he won the fight, yet you dismiss GGGs 60 punches and a knockdown that won him the fight.
        Wow. You just completely fabricated that. I haven't dismissed anything. I didn't even comment on the results of the fight. But being as biased as you are its not surprising that you would make up a lie to try and prove your point. Typical.

Comment

• Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Quote:
          Most say Jacobs won. You're outnumbered bubba. Sorry, them's the breaks. The boxing people have spoken.

Hopefully we get Canelo/GGG now, then Jacobs/GGG rematch.... since GGG loses belts to Canelo no doubt.

Yes I see that now. Have to watch it again I guess. Either way, still very impressed with Jacobs effort.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          I was also deeply impressed by Jacobs... (people just don't know how fighting cancer affects one's life...)
          Exactly. The big C is a bigger battle than any ring war.

Comment

• Quote:
            Quote:
            Most say Jacobs won. You're outnumbered bubba. Sorry, them's the breaks. The boxing people have spoken.

Hopefully we get Canelo/GGG now, then Jacobs/GGG rematch.... since GGG loses belts to Canelo no doubt.

Yes I see that now. Have to watch it again I guess. Either way, still very impressed with Jacobs effort.

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
            that is mind blowing!
            I'll say. I was shocked as well. I guess someone needs to give me a 60" hi-def TV for Christmas, so I can see the fights better. LOL

Comment

• Good fight.
              Thought Jacobs fought really well. Took some heavy shots well. Nice flurries. Excellent conditioning. Defended his body very well. I thought GGG would snatch his body but he couldn't. Kudos to Jacobs.
              But I thought GGG won.
              It's hard to win a fight if you get dropped and if the Compubox stats show you being outlanded.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                You know race and ethnicity are two different things right? There are white people from Africa, doesn't stop them from being white
                Well, the only race is human, so I dont even agree with the concept of race. That Said, being that people do still use categories, the ones I most commonly see on forms are 1. White, 2. Black, 3. Native American/Alaskan native, 4. Hispanic, or 5. Asian.

My parents are from India, & my wife is from Philippines (both Asian countries) so we Check the box for "Asian". Similarly, GGG is Asian, because he is, well, Asian. His race would be classified as "Asian", just as my wife and I's are. He is not white. Kazakhstani Americans, Filipino Americans, etc. are considered "Asian" not "white".

From Wikipedia:
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazakhs
                Last edited by HAMMER77777; 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• I went to the fight last night (first fight I ever got to see live) and had a great time.

I'm gonna have to rewatch both the Choclatito and the GGG/Jacobs fights because even though I was scoring I wasn't being as focused on the scoring aspect. (First live fight, got caught up in the emotion aspect at times and started rooting more than scoring)

I thought GGG won a close fight but I was nervous as the cards were about to be read because it was so close. I would love to see a rematch.

Looking forward to rewatching both

Comment

• Haters Hatin', Fans Defend'n. But let's face it, most of us that watched the fight were siting on a davenport in our living rooms and we didn't view the fight up close in person. With that said, there are only three peoples opinions that really matter with this fight,...and that is the opinions of the three judges. They were unanimous in their decision, and they all had it going in GGG's favor. So suck it up Buttercups and live with the results. Granted I am a fan of GGG, but also a Jacobs fan too,...although I've lost a little respect for him with the way he handled the weigh-in process,....but anyways, after re-watching this fight on the ole DVR a few times, the judges gave a fair account of the fight and yes they made the right call giving GGG the nod. With all due respect, DJ made a great effort and showing but it simply wasn't enough this time. Friend or foe, Deal with it!!! While I thing Kovo was robbed, I'm sure if I go back and reviewed the Ward fight a few times (which honestly I haven't yet), I might be inclined to change my opinion on that judgement as well. As boxing fans, we can all ***** and moan, make claims about who got exposed for what and who would win any fantasy fights yada yada and so forth about this, that, and the other,..... but in the end, none of our feelings and opinions are worth a bucket of **** nor will they change the outcome.

Comment

• One thing is for sure,this place is terrible for following a fight. Half this thread made it sound like GGG was getting shutout and dominated and after watching the fight today, what were some of you people watching?

Comment

Working...
                      X