Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet Canelo wants a piece of that now. I say Fok him, give Jacobs a rematch!

Comment

• Damn I am kind of overwhelmed by the number of biased people in one thread. GGG clearly won that but one thing is clear: black Americans still make up the majority of boxing fans in the U.S., and a significant percentage of them are extremely biased along racial lines. GGG won this fight clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
        Jacobs boxed his ears off. These guys see Golovkin coming forward and think that scores points.

Jacobs landed all the hard clean punches.

He was even outfighting GGG while they were in-fighting.
        Not in the late rounds he was running and arm punching. He did out box GGG in the early rounds.

I think people automatically gave close rounds to Jacobs because he was a huge underdog that people expected to get buried the first time GGG connected flush.

Comment

• I told you aĺl. Jacobs was a legitimate threat. Golovkin won that fight. Just cause it went to scorecards doesn't mean Jacobs automatically won.

Comment

• Mr. bigdramashow really is not about that life. As you can see Golovkin was more accurate with his power punches however Jacobs out landed him and took more risk by throwing over a hundred more power-punches - eighteen power-shot discrepancy ; what do you prefer power punches or a jab? granted you can land stiff jabs with a lot of power but not all of them will land flush.

GGG was far more effective with his jab overall.

Comment

• GGG don't move up!

Comment

• Two intelligent fighters make for a balanced fight. Golovkin showed patience, Jacobs has huge balls. GGG as a one-point winner is the correct score, though I'm disappointed on not having won a nice sum on Jacobs at 6.5

Comment

• Originally posted by Briandl View Post
                  Thats what they agreed to though, and while Danny said **** it, GGG was still holding up his end of the bargain, add to that the early Friday weigh-in, theres a reason Danny refused to be weighed by HBO.
                  No that's not what they agreed to. Its what the IBF required for their belt to be on the line. Its a brand new requirement also. And even if they did agree to it, by no means does it equate to Jacobs cheating because he didn't participate. I'm sure Antonio Margarito vastly out weighed Manny Pacquiao in their farce of a championship fight. But no one complained because Margarito was not viewed as a dangerous opponent after he had been knocked out and exposed as a cheater. What about all of the times Mayweather was out weighed in the ring? I guess most of his opponents cheated on the scales too. Y'all would never say that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
                    Gotta say, Jacobs is a lot better than I thought. I would pick him over Canelo and every MW not named Gennady.
                    Canelo would break him down to the body and time him with a huge right hand and he will win by easy KO

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Damn I am kind of overwhelmed by the number of biased people in one thread. GGG clearly won that but one thing is clear: black Americans still make up the majority of boxing fans in the U.S., and a significant percentage of them are extremely biased along racial lines. GGG won this fight clearly.
                      Blacks don't make up the majority of anything in America and never have other than being the majority of the
                      labor force for 400 years. And if blacks are so biased why are you the only person on the forum who is saying that GGG won the fight clearly? Do you think everyone on the forum is black but you? The fact that you think black Americans are the majority of fight fans and that blacks are biased are biases in and of themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X