No announcement yet.

Saturday HBO PPV purses gg 2.5M, Chocolate 550k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    because I dont know. I dont know what the split is between GGGs company and K2. I dont know when GGGs upside would kick in, and what % it would be.

So I choose not to speculate on it, #1 because I dont know, and #2 because what difference does it make?
    Aren't most promoter fees for a big time fighter 27%?

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Aren't most promoter fees for a big time fighter 27%?
      no. Thats a myth that some ******ed pac-haters started a while back. Truth is its against the law for a promoter to take a percentage of a fighters purse (with the limited exception of promoters who lost a purse bid)

Revenue share deals are becoming more common, but the fighter is still at the mercy of the promoter as to an accurate accounting of the event revenue. Most fighters (in my experience) prefer to have a set purse that they can count on, and not have to worry about if the event made money or not.

Comment

gggee clearly needs to take that 15mil before he gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          If that were true Tom could clear this all up and say what is being reported is a lie. Instead all he has done is confirm he received the offer and not once deny the 15m figure.
          Well thats the thing. Tom is well known for not doing deals via public exchanges cuz like I said he's a professional & respectful guy unlike 90% of the people in the boxing business. I don't deny there are some serious limitations being a boxing promoter without acting like you are in pro wrestling in 2016, but thats the type of guy Tom is for better or worse.

What I do know is GBP has a different story or angle they are working every other month concerning GGG vs Canelo making them less reliable in my eyes cuz every thing they do seems based on spin controlling something that has hurt their product, Canelo, appeal & popularity.

Plus $15M/Gtd is hitting the lottery for GGG & Tom & I can't believe they would turn down a fair contract for that amount for a PPV that will likely just hit 1M PPV's (or just miss it), but not be some sort of super PPV windfall of profit for all parties.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 03-17-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Well thats the thing. Tom is well known for not doing deals via public exchanges cuz like I said he's a professional & respectful guy unlike 90% of the people in the boxing business. I don't deny there are some serious limitations being a boxing promoter without acting like you are in pro wrestling in 2016, but thats the type of guy Tom is for better or worse.

What I do know is GBP has a different story or angle they are working every other month concerning GGG vs Canelo making them less reliable in my eyes cuz every thing they do seems based on spin controlling something that has hurt their product, Canelo, appeal & popularity.

Plus $15M/Gtd is hitting the lottery for GGG & Tom & I can't believe they would turn down a fair contract for that amount for a PPV that will likely just hit 1M PPV's (or just miss it), but not be some sort of super PPV windfall of profit for all parties.

shhhhh, common sense is frowned upon here at NSB.......

Comment

A post full of common sense. That is rare around these parts and I agree with it 100%. Green k meng.

Comment

Love him or hate him, Eff Pandas is still one of the best posters on this site.

Good post

Comment

Tom has already lied said before canelo/cotto that if canelo won they had no problems doing a catch weight to make the fight. Only to later say would only make the fight at 160. And GGG trainer and camp had no problems negotiating in the public most of last year...until canelo let the cat out the bag that they sent an offer. Since then nothing but crickets and now its well he just doesn't want to tell the media the details? So without any proof golden boy it has to be lying about the offer that Tom confirmed he received. Not buying it. If this were lies Abel has no problem speaking on it. That loud mouth has an opinion on everything and he ain't even calling it lie.

If the 8 figure offer is lie any good promoter sets the record straight instead of letting it sit there for almost 6 months making ggg look like a bytch. The I think he would take a fair offer is code for I don't know what Tom is doing or why he is pricing himself out so I will make up stories with no proof that golden boy is lying.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-17-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Everyone here said golden boy was lying when they said they sent an offer to chavez. Even chavez said they were lying. Oscar tweeted to chavez your people have the offer maybe they hiding it from you but soon as you sign the fight will be made. Oscar said the same thing to ggg. I got no reason to think he's lying when tom said he got it and hasn't disputed anything neither has anyone else in the loud mouth camp. I got my money on K2 hiding the deal from GGG he sounds like a puppet who has no say over his career. You hear canelo talk and it's clear he is in the loop and in control of what is going on. Ggg sounds clueless denying any offer has been sent. grow some balls and demand to see the offer Tom has it.
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-17-2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      shhhhh, common sense is frowned upon here at NSB.......
                      Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                      A post full of common sense. That is rare around these parts and I agree with it 100%. Green k meng.
                      That's why I red K'ed his ass.

No I didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X