No announcement yet.

Saturday HBO PPV purses gg 2.5M, Chocolate 550k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    honestly I dont know and I dont care. Thats HIS problem. I dont spend my days counting another mans money
    ... the initial response was to a comment made by another poster, in looking to correlate what Golovkin's take on this coming fight is to be against his camp's refusal to acknowledge Golden Boy's offer, which is believed to be for $15m.

You made the comment that the noted figure was only Golovkin's guarantee, of which I asked, in essence, what you would perceive Golovkin's entire take as ending up being (to better understand why a $15m offer is actually a bad deal).

You chose not to answer the question.

Saul Alvarez, arguably the sport's biggest active star, wants to fight Gennady Golovkin, Golovkin has been thirsting for a big fight for years now, and Alvarez is not only offering an alleged $15m for the fight, he's also willing to stage the fight at Golovkin's preferred weight.

what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Worldwide, GGG has more fans than Canelo and would bring at least as much money to the table.
      Whats your proof of this? Not so much disagreeing with you, cuz idk, as curious how you came to this conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
        Comparing mexican money to us money is ****ing ******ed just stop... It's a ****ing third world country.
        as if Mexico is as poor as India...

Forbes ranks Pacquiao at #63 earning 24mil, Alvarez #92 at 21.5mil., as if Forbes is referring to and reporting third world currencies.

Practically all of South America is "Third World." Every country has its stars, celebs, rich, that don't need acknowledgement of the American dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Whats your proof of this? Not so much disagreeing with you, cuz idk, as curious how you came to this conclusion.
          He means to say that somehow there would be a worldwide alliance to allow $1 PPVs...because worldwide earnings just automatically comply to American based PPVs...

Comment

Does any non-fanboy/non-hater actually believe Oscar offered &/or GGG turned down $15M for this theoretical fight?

I mean Tom L. seems too reasonable & is a very professional & respectable man in this sh^tty business of boxing to me & GGG is 34 years old with his career burning daylight. So win or lose vs Canelo he likely increases his paydays after that fight, unless he just gets embarrassed somehow which is possible I guess, but I wouldn't bet on it so the sooner he beats or loses to Canelo the more popular he'll be & the more better paydays he can get in the future on top of this career best payday, regardless if its $8M or $24M or what the f#ck ever. Meanwhile GBP has been throwing misdirection news & quote for over a year about GGG vs Canelo looking like a old lady with her kitchen on fire. Maybe I'm nuts, but $15M is bs or there are some nutty ass small print on that alleged contract that makes Tom L say f#ck that silly sh^t.
            Whether the package got as high as $15m, there's enough hearsay and talk to be fairly certain that the package (my guess is that the international TV, a piece off of the live gate, and a guaranteed purse are among the items) worth more than $10m was offered to K2 for Golovkin. With Golovkin almost 35 years old, Tom L. is basically on the edge of the cliff at this point.

Say what you want about the guy, but Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has proven to the world that he can fight; he's filled into his frame, his boxing skills/mind seem to get sharper with every fight camp, and he's basically looking at another 3-4 years of his utter physical prime.

Golovkin had 350 amateur fights, has been a pro fighter for a decade now with 36 fights, is almost 35 years old, and has been basically fighting at the same weight for the last 15 years.

If Golovkin were to get beat, he'd likely be facing a situation no different than what Kovalev seems to be about to face; no title belts to aid in the prestige, not a real strong ticket seller in his own right, but with the belts still in the HBO orbit (Golovkin can get to mandatory status relatively easily, with HBO likely leaning on Alvarez to consider a rematch).

You add that K2 ended up signing Golovkin after he'd already gone through his development stage under Universum, and you can imagine what that deal ended up costing them. With Golovkin's career winding down, Tom L. likely sees this as their one shot to make some money on their deal before Golovkin falls apart.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              you dont know that. You havent the slightest idea what the business arrangement between GGG Promotions and K2 is.

Now if you have some proof that you would like to share, feel free to do so

But I'm guessing you dont.
              K2 signed Golovkin, Golovkin has no promotional operation of his own, and any talk of fight business related to Golovkin always has K2 speaking on Golovkin's behalf.

The information is likely a pain to hunt down, but there's no source (outside of maybe Golovkin's endorsement deal with Jordan brand and his Kazakh sponsorship) where Golovkin, or anyone close to Golovkin, is at the forefront of a boxing business deal involving Golovkin.

Comment

Does any non-fanboy/non-hater actually believe Oscar offered &/or GGG turned down $15M for this theoretical fight?

I mean Tom L. seems too reasonable & is a very professional & respectable man in this sh^tty business of boxing to me & GGG is 34 years old with his career burning daylight. So win or lose vs Canelo he likely increases his paydays after that fight, unless he just gets embarrassed somehow which is possible I guess, but I wouldn't bet on it so the sooner he beats or loses to Canelo the more popular he'll be & the more better paydays he can get in the future on top of this career best payday, regardless if its $8M or $24M or what the f#ck ever. Meanwhile GBP has been throwing misdirection news & quote for over a year about GGG vs Canelo looking like a old lady with her kitchen on fire. Maybe I'm nuts, but $15M is bs or there are some nutty ass small print on that alleged contract that makes Tom L say f#ck that silly sh^t.
                If that were true Tom could clear this all up and say what is being reported is a lie. Instead all he has done is confirm he received the offer and not once deny the 15m figure. Abel the loud mouth of the bunch has also refused to deny the amount. Matter fact just this week he was interviewed asked point blank hey Golden Boy says they already sent you guys a large offer and it's you guys who are refusing to respond. Can you respond. Abel didn't deny shyt and changed the subject. So until I hear anything from K2 deny it if this fight don't happen it will be because they ducked the fight and priced himself out the fight.

Comment

I like ggg and Jacobs, but them two fighting does not equate PPV for me.

GGG vs Canelo yes, GGG vs Jacobs no.

As for their purses, that would have been on HBO non PPv just a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    ... the initial response was to a comment made by another poster, in looking to correlate what Golovkin's take on this coming fight is to be against his camp's refusal to acknowledge Golden Boy's offer, which is believed to be for $15m.

You made the comment that the noted figure was only Golovkin's guarantee, of which I asked, in essence, what you would perceive Golovkin's entire take as ending up being (to better understand why a $15m offer is actually a bad deal).

You chose not to answer the question.

Saul Alvarez, arguably the sport's biggest active star, wants to fight Gennady Golovkin, Golovkin has been thirsting for a big fight for years now, and Alvarez is not only offering an alleged $15m for the fight, he's also willing to stage the fight at Golovkin's preferred weight.

what's the problem?
                    because I dont know. I dont know what the split is between GGGs company and K2. I dont know when GGGs upside would kick in, and what % it would be.

So I choose not to speculate on it, #1 because I dont know, and #2 because what difference does it make?

Comment

Who genuinely gives a shít about fighter's purses? Arguing about that shît is sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X