Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Haye, Tony Bellew Ready For War - Official Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
    I just hope Bellew can make the fight interesting. I expect him to get his head blown off.
    Alot of people seem to expect this but Bellews chin isnt that weak and he will fight. If Haye looks for a war he could get dropped. This is no mismatch, all of a sudden Haye is a big heavyweight or something, Bellew is bigger in dimension, David has a bit more mass but like Pacquiao with Marquez, speed is Haye's advantage against big men, a "smaller" man may pose more of a threat than most would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      I don't doubt that, which is why i expect Tony go be KO'd within 3.

I was simply stating IF Bellew could somehow land the first hard shot, i don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility he could really hurt Haye. Bellew is a solid puncher and Haye isn't exactly iron chinned.
      I disagree I don't see Bellew hurting Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Alot of people seem to expect this but Bellews chin isnt that weak and he will fight. If Haye looks for a war he could get dropped. This is no mismatch, all of a sudden Haye is a big heavyweight or something, Bellew is bigger in dimension, David has a bit more mass but like Pacquiao with Marquez, speed is Haye's advantage against big men, a "smaller" man may pose more of a threat than most would expect.

Around the belly maybe...

Haye was, is and always will be faster than Tony Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          Around the belly maybe...

Haye was, is and always will be faster than Tony Bellew.
          The point went over your head.

Comment

Haye by K.O inside 3 wouldn't be surprised if it was one but yh I do think I agree that Bellew might have some sort of shot here. A slim one but still.

Hayes stamina was awful even at his peak with 30lbs less muscle. He's 36, inactive for 5 years, not took a shot in 5 years, I don't buy he is better or anywhere near what he was either. Neglected his jab, flat-footed, total disregard for his defense. People say he looked sharp at the media workout, they don't know what they're talking about. His timing is off, he's fallen in love with his power & looks terrible under that yes man Shane McGuigan. That guy is no trainer he's a glorified pad holder. A total yes man who does what the fighter tells him.

He should easily starch Bellew but I don't think I'd be surprised if Bellew caught him in an exchange and hurt/dropped him/caused a shock.

There are a lot of warning signs there its sort of a bit like when Sergio fought Cotto and almost everyone ignored all the warning signs assuming Sergio would still have way too much for the smaller man.

I'll take Haye inside 3 but I can't rule Bellews chances out even if it is a very slim punchers chance. Haye is wreckless, throws wide, he's predictable and Bellew if there is one thing he does well its catching fighters in exchanges with that left hook.
            Will bet on Haye but its not a fight where I'd bet the house.

Comment

The point went over your head.
              No.. you said Bellew is bigger in dimension, i said only round the gut which is absolutely true.

You said Hayes reliance is on speed against big men, not smaller men like bellew.. so not only have you contradicted yourself youve also talked bollocks by saying Haye either wont be able to utilise his speed against the smaller Bellew or he simply isnt as fast as Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                No.. you said Bellew is bigger in dimension, i said only round the gut which is absolutely true.

You said Hayes reliance is on speed against big men, not smaller men like bellew.. so not only have you contradicted yourself youve also talked bollocks by saying Haye either wont be able to utilise his speed against the smaller Bellew or he simply isnt as fast as Bellew.
                My point was obviously that Bellew will be faster than the heavyweights Haye has been fighting. Not that he will be faster than Haye or Haye wont be able to use his speed. Are you ******?

Also the gut would be considered as mass, by dimensions I mean things like reach and height, dummy.
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-03-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

My point was obviously that Bellew will be faster than the heavyweights Haye has been fighting. Not that he will be faster than Haye or Haye ontw be able to use his speed. Are you ******?

Look up the definition of obvious.

Easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.

Context is Key in text, you provided none. Sorry you got your panties in a twist.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Haye by K.O inside 3 wouldn't be surprised if it was one but yh I do think I agree that Bellew might have some sort of shot here. A slim one but still.

Hayes stamina was awful even at his peak with 30lbs less muscle. He's 36, inactive for 5 years, not took a shot in 5 years, I don't buy he is better or anywhere near what he was either. Neglected his jab, flat-footed, total disregard for his defense. People say he looked sharp at the media workout, they don't know what they're talking about. His timing is off, he's fallen in love with his power & looks terrible under that yes man Shane McGuigan. That guy is no trainer he's a glorified pad holder. A total yes man who does what the fighter tells him.

He should easily starch Bellew but I don't think I'd be surprised if Bellew caught him in an exchange and hurt/dropped him/caused a shock.

There are a lot of warning signs there its sort of a bit like when Sergio fought Cotto and almost everyone ignored all the warning signs assuming Sergio would still have way too much for the smaller man.

I'll take Haye inside 3 but I can't rule Bellews chances out even if it is a very slim punchers chance. Haye is wreckless, throws wide, he's predictable and Bellew if there is one thing he does well its catching fighters in exchanges with that left hook.
                    Will bet on Haye but its not a fight where I'd bet the house.
                    This is how I tend to see it. Bellew can box a bit and has heart. Haye was never that good, even if he looks superb. Yes he is a lot better than Bellew, but...

Comment

My point was obviously that Bellew will be faster than the heavyweights Haye has been fighting. Not that he will be faster than Haye or Haye wont be able to use his speed. Are you ******?

Also the gut would be considered as mass, by dimensions I mean things like reach and height, dummy.
                      I could be mistaken but i think Haye is taller and has longer reach.

Or same height. Both 6'3?

Not sure.on reach but sure Haye's is longer

Comment

Working...
                      X