Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Haye, Tony Bellew Ready For War - Official Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Bellew flattens Haye. Haye is looking for easy fights. This one might bite him

Comment

Comment

I don't see Bellew lasting long enough to make it interesting really.

The thing with Haye is he will gas if he can't fight at his own pace. He was blowing v Chisora because Chisora had him fighting at a high tempo, but Haye got the job done anyway so credit to him, he was tiring though. I don't think he could fight Bellew at the snails pace he fought the likes of Valuev at, so if Bellew really can make it past 5 rounds, then i do think he has a chance. I just don't see him lasting long enough.

Then again it's boxing. Bellew can crack for sure and not many people are asking just what if he manages to catch Haye flush and first in them early rounds too? Haye has been floored a number of times.

I say Haye within 3, but i certainly wouldn't bet my house on it.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I find the logic of this fight very amusing. When Mike Tyson was at his best...well I still remember the basketball coach at the High school where I taught special ed in San Francisco...Coach had played for the Golden State Warriors and he was looking at me describing how he has seen Tyson in a bar..."DArrell I could take him!! He looked small... I felt like I could take him!" We both had a laugh knowing that the small heavyweight we were talking about had caused those who had to face him piss in their pants, knowing that that piss would be knocked out of them one way or another...lol.

So, if Tyson was on stage, at his prime talking the talk Haye is talking I would probably feel like "owe sh11t this poor wanker is gonna get it" BUT REALLY...HAYE?!! Seriouslt ? An ambush fighter with a major desire to avoid confrontation... Yeah he has a big punch and when he fights guys that come forwards he can knock em down...But do people really think that Haye has the ability to go after someone?

Bellew can box a bit and has heart. Haye has a very good punch and no heart. I am fairly comfortable saying that Bellew, while he may not be able to beat Haye, can certainly win the battle by not getting slept. He aint no Tyson!!! Shutup David, you are a plastic man. perfect body, no piss and vinegar.

If I am Bellew look out for Hayes fast feet, use the jab, tie him up, get by a few rounds and gradually work in some follow up. Since when did Haye become such a badazz? by beating up Audley? Listen...I happen to be a fan of Chisora, but Dereck comes Forward and has one gear. Does anyone think if Chisora had wanted, he could not have avoided Haye?

Haye talks a big game with a lot of nasty things that should not be said. Sell the fight but keep it real... Haye's game is getting that opportunity to throw his punch. Limit that punch, stay away from the right and what can Haye do? Bellew might suprise people if he can stick to avoiding Haye early and working in gradually.
          You'd have a point if Bellew wasn't crap.

No defence, no real skills, can punch abit but isn't a concussive puncher, not a great chin. All the above and he's a fat blown up crusierweight let alone a heavyweigjt. David Haye is 225 lbs ripped.

David Haye might not be a killer but he will brutalize Bellew. First clean punch from Haye and he's in massive trouble. Bellew has no ability to "avoid Haye early" or "tie him up". Haye will light him up instantly

This is the same guy who literally ran all fight from Stevenson didbn't engage at all and the first time he got tagged hit the deck and was shortly after stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            I don't see Bellew lasting long enough to make it interesting really.

The thing with Haye is he will gas if he can't fight at his own pace. He was blowing v Chisora because Chisora had him fighting at a high tempo, but Haye got the job done anyway so credit to him, he was tiring though. I don't think he could fight Bellew at the snails pace he fought the likes of Valuev at, so if Bellew really can make it past 5 rounds, then i do think he has a chance. I just don't see him lasting long enough.

Then again it's boxing. Bellew can crack for sure and not many people are asking just what if he manages to catch Haye flush and first in them early rounds too? Haye has been floored a number of times.

I say Haye within 3, but i certainly wouldn't bet my house on it.
            How many times has Haye been decked or even hurt any Heavyweight? He took some solid flush shots from Wlad Klitschko. I don't see Bellew doing any real damage

Bellew on the other hand and has been hurt and dropped at Crusier multiple times.

Haye is 225 ripped. Whole different ballgame. Monsterous power. There is no way he will stand up to Haye's punches

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              How many times has Haye been decked or even hurt any Heavyweight? He took some solid flush shots from Wlad Klitschko. I don't see Bellew doing any real damage

Bellew on the other hand and has hurt and dropped at Crusier multiple times.

Haye is 225 ripped. Whole different ballgame. Monsterous power. There is no way he will stand up to Haye's punches
              Haye was dropped by Monte Barrett, he admitted it was a knockdown too. He did take some shots from Wlad well but he rode the shots really well. The rest of his HW fights have been a joke really.

Don't get me wrong, i don't give Bellew much of a chance but i think Haye can be hurt. Haye was on ***** street a few times back at Cruiserweight too, so it's not like he's shown a solid chin throughout his career. It's not like he's had a long tough HW career to judge his chin on as a HW, but at cruiserweight he was known as being a bit chinny.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Haye was dropped by Monte Barrett, he admitted it was a knockdown too. He did take some shots from Wlad well but he rode the shots really well. The rest of his HW fights have been a joke really.

Don't get me wrong, i don't give Bellew much of a chance but i think Haye can be hurt. Haye was on ***** street a few times back at Cruiserweight too, so it's not like he's shown a solid chin throughout his career. It's not like he's had a long tough HW career to judge his chin on as a HW, but at cruiserweight he was known as being a bit chinny.
                Then how about Bellew at LHW? Dropped flat on his face by Ovil McKenzie amongst others.

I agree Haye's chin isn't solid but it's better than Bellew's that's for sure.

Comment

First we get Allen and his elephant trunk at their weigh in and now we get Bellew mooning the crowd.

Good day for weigh ins.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Then how about Bellew at LHW? Dropped flat on his face by Ovil McKenzie amongst others.

I agree Haye's chin isn't solid but it's better than Bellew's that's for sure.
                    I don't doubt that, which is why i expect Tony go be KO'd within 3.

I was simply stating IF Bellew could somehow land the first hard shot, i don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility he could really hurt Haye. Bellew is a solid puncher and Haye isn't exactly iron chinned.

Comment

If this fight goes past 4/5 rounds I would be shocked. I could see Bellew in the chisora/maccarinelli scenario (Destroyed and unconscious).

Comment

Working...
                      X