Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Haye, Tony Bellew Ready For War - Official Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find the logic of this fight very amusing. When Mike Tyson was at his best...well I still remember the basketball coach at the High school where I taught special ed in San Francisco...Coach had played for the Golden State Warriors and he was looking at me describing how he has seen Tyson in a bar..."DArrell I could take him!! He looked small... I felt like I could take him!" We both had a laugh knowing that the small heavyweight we were talking about had caused those who had to face him piss in their pants, knowing that that piss would be knocked out of them one way or another...lol.

So, if Tyson was on stage, at his prime talking the talk Haye is talking I would probably feel like "owe sh11t this poor wanker is gonna get it" BUT REALLY...HAYE?!! Seriouslt ? An ambush fighter with a major desire to avoid confrontation... Yeah he has a big punch and when he fights guys that come forwards he can knock em down...But do people really think that Haye has the ability to go after someone?

Bellew can box a bit and has heart. Haye has a very good punch and no heart. I am fairly comfortable saying that Bellew, while he may not be able to beat Haye, can certainly win the battle by not getting slept. He aint no Tyson!!! Shutup David, you are a plastic man. perfect body, no piss and vinegar.

If I am Bellew look out for Hayes fast feet, use the jab, tie him up, get by a few rounds and gradually work in some follow up. Since when did Haye become such a badazz? by beating up Audley? Listen...I happen to be a fan of Chisora, but Dereck comes Forward and has one gear. Does anyone think if Chisora had wanted, he could not have avoided Haye?

Haye talks a big game with a lot of nasty things that should not be said. Sell the fight but keep it real... Haye's game is getting that opportunity to throw his punch. Limit that punch, stay away from the right and what can Haye do? Bellew might suprise people if he can stick to avoiding Haye early and working in gradually.

Comment

You know you are fighting at HW & there is no upper limit, so you can keep your pants on..

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
        To be fair Haye actually looked pretty good at the weigh in. Best physical shape hes been in for a long.
        Coming in heavy like that, if the su****ions of him not really being a true heavyweight are true, changes the calculus. His speed advantage won't be world's beyond Bellew, his power at heavyweight is what it is is, and he's not likely to commit to box long either.

You add that Bellew is a durable enough guy, and we'll see how that extra weight suit Haye once the fight goes into the 6th/7th round.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I find the logic of this fight very amusing. When Mike Tyson was at his best...well I still remember the basketball coach at the High school where I taught special ed in San Francisco...Coach had played for the Golden State Warriors and he was looking at me describing how he has seen Tyson in a bar..."DArrell I could take him!! He looked small... I felt like I could take him!" We both had a laugh knowing that the small heavyweight we were talking about had caused those who had to face him piss in their pants, knowing that that piss would be knocked out of them one way or another...lol.

So, if Tyson was on stage, at his prime talking the talk Haye is talking I would probably feel like "owe sh11t this poor wanker is gonna get it" BUT REALLY...HAYE?!! Seriouslt ? An ambush fighter with a major desire to avoid confrontation... Yeah he has a big punch and when he fights guys that come forwards he can knock em down...But do people really think that Haye has the ability to go after someone?

Bellew can box a bit and has heart. Haye has a very good punch and no heart. I am fairly comfortable saying that Bellew, while he may not be able to beat Haye, can certainly win the battle by not getting slept. He aint no Tyson!!! Shutup David, you are a plastic man. perfect body, no piss and vinegar.

If I am Bellew look out for Hayes fast feet, use the jab, tie him up, get by a few rounds and gradually work in some follow up. Since when did Haye become such a badazz? by beating up Audley? Listen...I happen to be a fan of Chisora, but Dereck comes Forward and has one gear. Does anyone think if Chisora had wanted, he could not have avoided Haye?

Haye talks a big game with a lot of nasty things that should not be said. Sell the fight but keep it real... Haye's game is getting that opportunity to throw his punch. Limit that punch, stay away from the right and what can Haye do? Bellew might suprise people if he can stick to avoiding Haye early and working in gradually.
          Sorry pal Bellew has NO chance. Regardless if he tries to avoid the right hand or not. He'd get slept with a left hook

Comment

What time is the fight here in the states? I have box where I get all the fights but I don't know the time here in so cal

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              What time is the fight here in the states? I have box where I get all the fights but I don't know the time here in so cal
              Ring walk for haye bellew is about 10.40pm GMT, so you're 8 hours behind i believe? roughly 2:30 in the afternoon for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                It's on AWE (formerly WealthTV now a A Wealth of Entertainment) in the US. My schedule says the event starts at 1pm eastern. AWE generally shows a ton of the undercard fights.

I get this channel but not sure a lot of people do tbh.

Comment

Its time for Bellew to sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Royjones94 View Post
                    Sorry pal Bellew has NO chance. Regardless if he tries to avoid the right hand or not. He'd get slept with a left hook
                    maybe so, we will find out won't we? Its entirely possible, but Haye is no juggernaught that cannot be avoided. A decent boxer should be able to keep Haye off of him frankly. I don't know if Bellow can do it... But I think if his plan is to last and get some confidence, a good idea, I would think he could pull it off.

Tyson was enraged, Haye cares too much about himself, a real fvkboy!

Comment

Dangerous mismatch. Hopefully Bellew doesn't take too much damage, I'll be rooting for him nonetheless.

If Haye loses this........

Comment

Working...
                      X