Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin is Asking For More Than He Deserves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    There has never been a super fight on ppv where one of the fighters took a flat fee.

And there will never be. Canelo can keep quacking all he wants. For some reason he thinks he's Floyd. His last ppv sold 300k. Golovkins ppv sold 150k.

I love watching canelo fight, but he's becoming a disgrace to boxing in the last few years.
    And there has never been a case where a fighter with exactly ZERO quality wins got a 15 million dollar offer to fight anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
      GGG has not had nearly as much exposure as Canelo. Canelo has been groomed for years and GGG for the last couple of years.
      Well yeah.

That's exactly why $15 million is a very generous offer for GGG.

Comment

Does anyone actually believe that GBP is offering him $15M?

The likelihood is it's probably $10M, and I would question that figure as well. K2 hasn't confirmed what the offer is. They're just asking for a percentage.

Comment

well if it goes
          to mandatory
          then purse
          bid then GB wins then...

o wait
          a
          minnit it
          was
          mandatory once oh yea...
          Last edited by ceylon mooney; 02-12-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
            Golden Boy just needs to dust off the contract that FMJ gave to them for the Canelo fight and present it to GGG, 5mil guaranteed plus a up side; see if he makes 15mil.. I think not.
            Excellent idea............

Comment

Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
              It takes 2 to tango you f******** inbred! Chavez/GGG would also do 3 times what GGG/Jacobs would. If you weren't such a young backpacking fphag, you would know Floyd needed Oscar to become the PPV giant he became. Just like Manny needed Oscar to catapult his PPV numbers. That's why Canelo did 290K on his last PPV right? He needed a better opponent you dumb fphuck!

Shut and stay in your lane kid, you're a f******** ****** and I own you each and every time you open your man pleaser!
              So Floyd took the short money vs Oscar to become a PPV star and Canelo took the short money vs Floyd to become a PPV star so why can't g string take the short money (is 15 million short money?) in an effort to become a PPV star?

Comment

There has never been a super fight on ppv where one of the fighters took a flat fee.

And there will never be. Canelo can keep quacking all he wants. For some reason he thinks he's Floyd. His last ppv sold 300k. Golovkins ppv sold 150k.

I love watching canelo fight, but he's becoming a disgrace to boxing in the last few years.
                How much money do you think this fight will generate? To put this in perspective, Canelo got $5 million plus 25% of the upside versus Cotto. You think he ended up getting more than $15 million give or take a few?

I think people are delusional on how big this fight will be.

Comment

That about sums it up, plus fishnet stockings role.

Comment

If Canelo really wanted the fight they'd offer a percentage. Let the numbers dictate how much Triple g gets paid.

Comment

Of course he would say that. The more money GGG makes the less money is left for him. He isn't neutral on the subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X