Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd schools Dan Rafael ''..TR sat Walters on the shelf for a year..'' (Loma)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd getting insecure again.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      I wasn't in the negotiating room so I could only go by what's reported. 550k is what was reported. If it was false I'm sure Walter's would have said so but I don't remember him saying so.
      As far as what fighter should get what split, again I don't see the numbers each fighter brings in so I can't speak on it. But it seems to me if Walter's was worth more he'd get more. Many times promoters pay fighters more than what they're worth now because they know they'll make up the loses in the future. Maybe Arum or HBO weren't sure they'd make up the difference with Walter's in the future, but would with Loma. Maybe thats whyLoma was getting more, again I'm not sure.

What iI do know is Walter's declined the fight and sat on the shelf. Later on he took the fight For 300k and Loma still got a million.
      Again either you're naive or you''re just defending Top Rank. Initial reports were 1million to Loma vs 300k to Walters. if you believe the nature of real world politics then you'd easily acknowledge strategic ways to disrupt real or fair splits. You're even acknowledging that you don't know the metrics of what these fighters bring to the table for Top Rank... that statement itself, then you're assuming that Loma should automatically get 1million? how? What's your opinion on that? Think total budget and allocation for everybody to make money within Top Rank.

Lastly, that still has NOTHING to do with Walters not getting any fights after the initial negotiations. If Walters accepted 300k post failed business, you think Walters wouldn't accept 200k-300k to fighter other top 10 contenders just to be active? Or do we assume Walters would just sit with a straight face and say ''I want 1 million every time here forward..''

If that were the case, Arum would've made statements or we would've heard interviews were Walters ''wants toooo much money to get any fights done!''

Did Arum ever say such things?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Again either you're naive or you''re just defending Top Rank. Initial reports were 1million to Loma vs 300k to Walters. if you believe the nature of real world politics then you'd easily acknowledge strategic ways to disrupt real or fair splits. You're even acknowledging that you don't know the metrics of what these fighters bring to the table for Top Rank... that statement itself, then you're assuming that Loma should automatically get 1million? how? What's your opinion on that? Think total budget and allocation for everybody to make money within Top Rank.

Lastly, that still has NOTHING to do with Walters not getting any fights after the initial negotiations. If Walters accepted 300k post failed business, you think Walters wouldn't accept 200k-300k to fighter other top 10 contenders just to be active? Or do we assume Walters would just sit with a straight face and say ''I want 1 million every time here forward..''

If that were the case, Arum would've made statements or we would've heard interviews were Walters ''wants toooo much money to get any fights done!''

Did Arum ever say such things?
        I don't know how much each fighter brings in and the thing is neither do you. You don't see the books just like I don't. However if Loma is getting 1 million dollar offers is because Arum believes he brings in that much or because he'd make up the loses somewhere in the future. If he believed the same about Walter's then the same would apply to him. I'm not defending top rank, I simply stating obvious facts.

Comment

I don't know how much each fighter brings in and the thing is neither do you. You don't see the books just like I don't. However if Loma is getting 1 million dollar offers is because Arum believes he brings in that much or because he'd make up the loses somewhere in the future. If he believed the same about Walter's then the same would apply to him. I'm not defending top rank, I simply stating obvious facts.
          Again, why didn't Top Rank get Walters fights after the Sosa bout. Or is Loma the defacto where if Top Rank couldn't properly provide Walters his share then its best to make a point to make your stable suffer if you don't get it your way? What was Loma's KO to Donaire getting KO'd?

All I'm saying is we could've gotten a much better and realistic fight than what was charaded

Comment

Again, why didn't Top Rank get Walters fights after the Sosa bout. Or is Loma the defacto where if Top Rank couldn't properly provide Walters his share then its best to make a point to make your stable suffer if you don't get it your way? What was Loma's KO to Donaire getting KO'd?

All I'm saying is we could've gotten a much better and realistic fight than what was charaded
            How do you know the offer of 550k wasn't fair or realistic? You don't know because as I said you don't see the books. You're the one assuming, I'm not.

Comment

He was offered 300k. This was the initial press info from industry. Loma was offered 1 million. It's very casual for reports to then flood 500k with who knows what new details in the contract, while Loma still gets 1 million?

Again, Walters didn't have a loss and was robbed the Sosa fight where Loma lost to Salido. Walters KO'd Donaire. Assuming 1 million + 550K is the new budget, why not a better split for Walters? People just ride with rumors and fake statements that Walters would want more without any details as to that convo or a source, just a random rogue bloke stating it..

How about 50/50 from Top Rank? 750K to each fighter. You don'T think Walters and Mgmt would respect that percentage more clearly than 1 million vs 300k initially?

Top Ranks are sneaky geezers easily fooling fans
              He was offered 550 in June, he got 300k in November. I'll need a source that says otherwise.

Comment

How do you know the offer of 550k wasn't fair or realistic? You don't know because as I said you don't see the books. You're the one assuming, I'm not.
                Again, why are you excluding 300K from the official and initial press articles? You're acknowledging that if I don't know that how could YOU know? Therefore, why isn't your point consolidated in referring to 300K as well? It would make more sense for you to come off objectively if that were the case... Please post links to ''revised'' negotiations and legit sources that would make sense

and still, this is about the 4th time I've asked you, why didn't Top Rank set up Walters with bouts after the Sosa DRAW fiasco?

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  He was offered 550 in June, he got 300k in November. I'll need a source that says otherwise.
                  we are not discussing Walters' purse for November.

We are discussing 300k initially, supposed 500K revised, and then back down to 300k, with Top Rank not having provided fights for Walters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                    Floyd getting insecure again.
                    Probably because he knows Davis isn't ready for Loma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Probably because he knows Davis isn't ready for Loma.
                      or a Sosa vs Walters Draw, or a DeGale vs Jack Draw, insecurities that make sense doe

Comment

Working...
                      X