Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd schools Dan Rafael ''..TR sat Walters on the shelf for a year..'' (Loma)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If floyd is upset about it he could offer Davis to Loma, Davis has been active, where's the problem

Comment

It's clear Bob sat Walters out for the year. I never believed any of his BS. I was one who thought Walters would've beaten Loma had they fought when they were initially going to.

Walters lost the belt on the scales and suddenly the fight had to be delayed. The draw to Sosa was the worst decision of the year. It smelled very rotten to me but Walters did that to himself.

Would the outcome have been the same ahd the fight been 12 months earlier, I don't know. Fact remains that no matter what I may think, Walters quit when the fought. Loma dominated him.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        Ok, well I see more of what you are saying now. I realize (and have never felt arum was fair to his fighters) that Walters isn't the one being groomed to be the next possible star, but I'm not going to attribute that to race or any of that crap (I'm not implying that you are) like many others do, as I like fighters of all races. I enjoy watching lomachenko, and he's got massive skill. On the other hand, you've also got to ask yourself if lomachenko is just simply being used and marketed and manipulated because he's not from this country and arum is of course very savvy with his business. Manny was also highly taken advantage of as well as much of his money taken by arum. The reason of course that both Oscar and Floyd left him and only got bigger and made more. I've never been a fan of TR. With that all being said, I see no such scenario in which Walters wins this match up though. Not fully active, partly active, not at all.
        Again, no one here can honestly say Walters would have looked the same against Loma had it been done earlier. Why? Because Walters is a harder puncher than Salido or Gary Russell Jr. or Sosa... but a fighter, as the narrative goes in the gym, to be at the top you gotta train and be active tip top.

Even if Walters couldn't beat Loma, we would ATLEAST see a better form of him like before, which means, Top Rank mgmt and matchmaking would continue to pair up Walters for other fights no matter what. How many times have we seen wars where fans become fans for both fighters after the fact...

No it's not about race like you said, it's just that Arum is a stingy ass goon once he's gone all will be better. He exploited Yuri Foreman with ***ish Propaganda, paid to have vet Daniel Santos take a dive. Watch that fight! More importantly, when Foreman was rag dolled by Cotto, Arum just threw him into the ditch. That fight as well was so suspect to a towel being thrown and the ref continuing.... garbage. Any way you unfold it Arum did Foreman bad too, regardless that Foreman sucks. Just all ''events..'' and people make fun of Chavez jr. vs Alvarez..

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          It's clear Bob sat Walters out for the year. I never believed any of his BS. I was one who thought Walters would've beaten Loma had they fought when they were initially going to.

Walters lost the belt on the scales and suddenly the fight had to be delayed. The draw to Sosa was the worst decision of the year. It smelled very rotten to me but Walters did that to himself.

Would the outcome have been the same ahd the fight been 12 months earlier, I don't know. Fact remains that no matter what I may think, Walters quit when the fought. Loma dominated him.

Loma damn near made a Federal case because Walters weighed heavy for the Sosa fight.

Then he fought him anyway...but only after Walters was on the sidelines.

Put Tom Brady on the sidelines for a year then put him a crucial game and watch him **** up.

Arum would never do to Loma what he did to Walters.

Comment

I don't understand how Walters was put on the sidelines?
            The fight was offered to him earlier which would have been his biggest payday to date, he declined. That's on him.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              The fight was offered to him earlier which would have been his biggest payday to date, he declined. That's on him.
              What were the terms of the offer?????

Comment

U don't get it? These guys will find any excuse for the black fighter loosing. Clear as day.

Ohhh Walters would have won... Yeah right...

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  What were the terms of the offer?????
                  If I remember correctly he was offered 550k for the fight which woukd have been his biggest purse to date, he declined.

Comment

If I remember correctly he was offered 550k for the fight which woukd have been his biggest purse to date, he declined.
                    He was offered 300k. This was the initial press info from industry. Loma was offered 1 million. It's very casual for reports to then flood 500k with who knows what new details in the contract, while Loma still gets 1 million?

Again, Walters didn't have a loss and was robbed the Sosa fight where Loma lost to Salido. Walters KO'd Donaire. Assuming 1 million + 550K is the new budget, why not a better split for Walters? People just ride with rumors and fake statements that Walters would want more without any details as to that convo or a source, just a random rogue bloke stating it..

How about 50/50 from Top Rank? 750K to each fighter. You don'T think Walters and Mgmt would respect that percentage more clearly than 1 million vs 300k initially?

Top Ranks are sneaky geezers easily fooling fans

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                      He was offered 300k. This was the initial press info from industry. Loma was offered 1 million. It's very casual for reports to then flood 500k with who knows what new details in the contract, while Loma still gets 1 million?

Again, Walters didn't have a loss and was robbed the Sosa fight where Loma lost to Salido. Walters KO'd Donaire. Assuming 1 million + 550K is the new budget, why not a better split for Walters? People just ride with rumors and fake statements that Walters would want more without any details as to that convo or a source, just a random rogue bloke stating it..

How about 50/50 from Top Rank? 750K to each fighter. You don'T think Walters and Mgmt would respect that percentage more clearly than 1 million vs 300k initially?

Top Ranks are sneaky geezers easily fooling fans
                      I wasn't in the negotiating room so I could only go by what's reported. 550k is what was reported. If it was false I'm sure Walter's would have said so but I don't remember him saying so.
                      As far as what fighter should get what split, again I don't see the numbers each fighter brings in so I can't speak on it. But it seems to me if Walter's was worth more he'd get more. Many times promoters pay fighters more than what they're worth now because they know they'll make up the loses in the future. Maybe Arum or HBO weren't sure they'd make up the difference with Walter's in the future, but would with Loma. Maybe thats whyLoma was getting more, again I'm not sure.

What iI do know is Walter's declined the fight and sat on the shelf. Later on he took the fight for less money and Loma still got a million.
                      Last edited by JJRod; 05-15-2017, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X