Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara's Trainer: Canelo is Facing Chavez Jr. at 165, No GGG at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    When GGG negotiates, you are ok with it. You completely understand the process and hold no hard feelings if a fight gets delayed because of it.

When Jacobs negotiated, you were extremely angry and upset that he didn't just take what he was offered. You acted as if he had no right to negotiate.

Can't you see how that makes you come off?
    Wrong. I was angry that Loeffler didnt just send it to purse bid when they werent able to reach a deal, but instead allowed the process to drag on for months.

Personally I thought Jacobs demands were excessive, but he certainly had the right to negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      well I'm referring to all the people like shields and anyone else that says, "well if you call yourself a middleweight...." Bla bla bla. But he has never called himself a mw and even stated he feels good at 54 and last time I checked he made 54 just fine for his most recent fight. So I understand the rules and if you are 155 you are in he mw division, but why can't ggg come down and meet the man at the weight the man demands? You have to beat the man to be the man, Canelo had made concessions to be in the position he is in as cash cow and boxings biggest star! Ggg has not, not even once...
      Its all risk-reward isn't it?
      Canelo has no problem making it to 160 and probably little problem making it to 168lbs yet he will fight at a catchweight of 164.5lbs against Chavez Jr.

Compare fight night weights to get a good grasp on it, there is literally no reason for Canelo to even remain at the weight he wants to be at (154lbs) because there is no big money fight in that division, he is being advised to do it because the threat at 160 is too great a blind man could see this but the 160lbs division has big money fights in it.

Chavez Jr is a guy who has had a long lay off, was beat badly by Fonfara and has had/shown lack of commitment to the training and the sport of boxing but is a Mexican big name because of his fathers legacy, its a risk to fight Chavez Jr but its nowhere near as big of a risk to fight Chavez that it is to fight GGG.

Whilst Oscar and Canelo adviser are to blame I still believe Canelo should be held accountable for his own actions there have been too many B.S. fights, too many catchweights If Canelo wants to fight GGG I honestly believe it could happen this May but he isn't forcing it like he did with Lara because he knows this one is a much greater threat than he has ever had to deal with in his professional career.
      That's a sign of weakness especially when you take in all the factors which I've highlighted for you.
      • Used multiple catchweights (155lbs) as an excuse to not fight the guy we want him to fight
      • Avoided going to full 160 limit
      • His fight night weight is higher than GGG's (GGG: 170-172, Canelo: 172-176)
      • He is bypassing 160 limit to fight at 164.5lbs
      • He promised to make the GGG fight yet used excuses of weight being the issue yet willing to go to 164.5lbs for Chavez jr and weights more on fight night than GGG
      • Says he needs time to grow into the 160 full limit yet here he is willing to surpass that limit of 160

Its at a point where you can't even defend him, sad because I use to really like this guy.
      Last edited by M Bison; 01-19-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        Wrong. I was angry that Loeffler didnt just send it to purse bid when they werent able to reach a deal, but instead allowed the process to drag on for months.

Personally I thought Jacobs demands were excessive, but he certainly had the right to negotiate.
        OP, I will take you at your word but it sure seemed like you were angry at Jacobs. You definitely were annoyed at him wanting a higher percentage of the split.

It just would have been fair to see you say what you said in the 2nd paragraph of the post I quoted in the threads about the GGG/Jacobs fight.

Comment

This has been beaten to death, but you havent the slightest idea what other "conditions" were in that so-called $15 million offer.

And FYI, not everyone will simply bend over and drop their pants the second someone flashes a few pieces of silver at them. Maybe thats how YOU roll, but some people prefer to actually negotiate a better deal for themselves......
          Thank you for providing an element of common sense to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
            Whilst Oscar and Canelo adviser are to blame I still believe Canelo should be held accountable for his own actions there have been too many B.S. fights, too many catchweights If Canelo wants to fight GGG I honestly believe it could happen this May but he isn't forcing it like he did with Lara because he knows this one is a much greater threat than he has ever had to deal with in his professional career.
            Yes. Canelo agreed to drop the WBC belt knowing his rep would be tarnished badly; still, that humiliation was preferred over the risk of getting a beatdown from GGG.

Comment

OP, I will take you at your word but it sure seemed like you were angry at Jacobs. You definitely were annoyed at him wanting a higher percentage of the split.

It just would have been fair to see you say what you said in the 2nd paragraph of the post I quoted in the threads about the GGG/Jacobs fight.
              I probably wouldnt have mentioned it specifically because its sort of just assumed that everyone has the right to negotiate.

Like anyone else though I can certainly get annoyed when what I perceive as an unreasonable demand is holding up a fight that I want to see happen. But that doesnt mean that person shouldnt have the right to negotiate. It just means I disagree with their position.

But I suspect they dont really care much about what I think lol

Comment

He thinks anyone as asking GGG for $5 more is over pricing themselves. Yet his DELUSIONAL ass thinks GGG asking for 40% at LEAST is negotiating but NOT over pricing themselves?? That only happens to GGG.

Got it!!! Negotiate WITH GGG and your overpricing yourself?? Negotiate FOR GGG that's negotiating??? WTF???

Don't let him lie to you.

Comment

you're dumber than a bag of hair.

K2 requested a 40-60 revenue split in Canelo's favor (not an unreasonable starting point, and means they would likely accept 35-65 or even 30-70).

How each fighter ultimately splits their share with their promoter is their own problem.
                  Then Canelo should tell them BOTH I'll TAKE the 40%!! YOU TWO should SPLIT the rest!!!
                  At which point Oscar will look at GGG and tell him *** off if your thinking me and you are splitting the rest evenly...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Ronnie Shields, who trains WBA/IBO junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara and IBF junior middleweight champion Jermall Charlo, is not exactly sure why WBO junior middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is heading up to a catch-weight of 164.5-pounds to fight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Comment

What demands were "excessive" and were no longer "negotiating"???

Comment

Working...
                      X