Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara's Trainer: Canelo is Facing Chavez Jr. at 165, No GGG at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't recall Canelo ever calling himself a middle weight.

Comment

Only thing that interests me about Lara is his memes. MOAR MEMES.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        That NOT my math. Thats what GGG is asking for at LEAST 40℅

It's been posted on ESPN TWICE! Dan Rafeal a HUGE GGG fan as wrote about it
        you're dumber than a bag of hair.

K2 requested a 40-60 revenue split in Canelo's favor (not an unreasonable starting point, and means they would likely accept 35-65 or even 30-70).

How each fighter ultimately splits their share with their promoter is their own problem.
        Last edited by OnePunch; 01-19-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Blame Dela Hoya perhaps, Canelo doesn't follow his career the same way Oscar did because Oscar wants to milk the cow as much as possible its smart but its not what fight fans want.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
            I don't recall Canelo ever calling himself a middle weight.
            Doesn't matter if he has called himself a middleweight or not, surely?

He's won one of the most prestigious world titles at middleweight
            He has fought within the middleweight limit atleast 5 times

You fight in a weight division as many times as he did and people will tend to recognize you at that weight class, it's all a little bit embarrassing people complained about Pacquiao for it but I think Canelo when his career is all said and done he will have had way more catchweights than any other top level fighter.

Plus not excusing Pacquiao for the catchweights but atleast he was legitimately not that big of a guy, he had more of a reason for it than Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              you're dumber than a bag of hair.

K2 requested a 40-60 revenue split in Canelo's favor (not an unreasonable starting point, and means they would likely accept 35-65 or even 30-70).

How each fighter ultimately splits their share with their promoter is their own problem.
              Canelo is just 26 ggg will be 35. Ggg in no position to demand anything but accept his highest pay day and make 3-4 times what he has ever made or ever will make fighting anyone else. 15 f.uckin million!! Enough said. If he don't take it, he ducking plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
                Doesn't matter if he has called himself a middleweight or not, surely?

He's won one of the most prestigious world titles at middleweight
                He has fought within the middleweight limit atleast 5 times

You fight in a weight division as many times as he did and people will tend to recognize you at that weight class, it's all a little bit embarrassing people complained about Pacquiao for it but I think Canelo when his career is all said and done he will have had way more catchweights than any other top level fighter.

Plus not excusing Pacquiao for the catchweights but atleast he was legitimately not that big of a guy, he had more of a reason for it than Canelo.
                well I'm referring to all the people like shields and anyone else that says, "well if you call yourself a middleweight...." Bla bla bla. But he has never called himself a mw and even stated he feels good at 54 and last time I checked he made 54 just fine for his most recent fight. So I understand the rules and if you are 155 you are in he mw division, but why can't ggg come down and meet the man at the weight the man demands? You have to beat the man to be the man, Canelo had made concessions to be in the position he is in as cash cow and boxings biggest star! Ggg has not, not even once...

Comment

I wonder if Chavez, Jr can even a make a 165 lb at this stage of his career; I highly doubt it because right now he's in his 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    Canelo is just 26 ggg will be 35. Ggg in no position to demand anything but accept his highest pay day and make 3-4 times what he has ever made or ever will make fighting anyone else. 15 f.uckin million!! Enough said. If he don't take it, he ducking plain and simple.
                    This has been beaten to death, but you havent the slightest idea what other "conditions" were in that so-called $15 million offer.

And FYI, not everyone will simply bend over and drop their pants the second someone flashes a few pieces of silver at them. Maybe thats how YOU roll, but some people prefer to actually negotiate a better deal for themselves......

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      This has been beaten to death, but you havent the slightest idea what other "conditions" were in that so-called $15 million offer.

And FYI, not everyone will simply bend over and drop their pants the second someone flashes a few pieces of silver at them. Maybe thats how YOU roll, but some people prefer to actually negotiate a better deal for themselves......
                      When GGG negotiates, you are ok with it. You completely understand the process and hold no hard feelings if a fight gets delayed because of it.

When Jacobs negotiated, you were extremely angry and upset that he didn't just take what he was offered. You acted as if he had no right to negotiate.

Can't you see how that makes you come off?

Comment

Working...
                      X