Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: P. Fury: Tyson Will Return in April/May, We Want Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
    You were the first one I remember posting that Fury would beat Wlad, he did and easily. So all credit to you and Fury. That being said, let's not pretend it was some monumental effort on Furys part. It was a dull plodding fight by any account. Fury just did more than Wlad did on that night, that's not saying much.

Wilder is faster, more coordinated and more powerful than Fury is. Throw in Furys weak chin, add in that Fury doesn't have power or pure boxing skills to protect that chin for all twelve rounds and there you go. As noted Fury is Big John Tate waiting to happen.
    the first paragraph might be true, but it was against wladimir klitschko, a top 10 heavyweight of all time. It wasn't som bum Wilder digged out of nowhere. It was THE guy.

Wilder isn't faster. His feet are slow as all hell and they are totally uncoordinated. He doesn't cut off the ring well and he's square on all the time. Look at how many times he's tripped over himself ffs. Which other heavyweight champ in history has done that?

He's got a decent, fast and powerful jab. But it comes in singles. Fury's is quicker, more educated and comes from a more difficult angle to read. Also Wilder swings and gets way too careless, plus he sticks his head out in front of his feet when he's on the attack. Literally amateur stuff.

All this will work against the likes of Molina, Szpilka, Arreola or Duhaupas or that level of fighter. But at world class, it'll get exposed and that's why he's not fighting any top level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      The Furious One would make a monkey out of old King Kong.
      are you using skin pigmentation to support your boxing opinions again?

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
        I've never bought into the Ortiz hype. I thought he looked pretty ordinary in stretches against Thompson, and it was that fight which convinced me that Tyson would have a field day with him. Only Ortiz's power concerns me, but if he can't get his feet set then the danger is diminished considerably.
        Somebody here - Breadman - I think, wrote a very good critique of Ortiz, based on his performance against Scott. What he said was that Ortiz is an aggressive stalker, but he's basically a counter puncher, not a pressure fighter.

So what he did with Scott was cut the ring on him, and look for opportunities to land his shots. But because Scott was there to survive, not to win, he didn't throw any punches for Ortiz to counter, and Ortiz didn't know what to do about it.

Like Fury against Wlad, Ortiz was winning that fight. But unlike Fury, he was a big favourite and looking to make a statement, rather than just get the win.

Personally, I would describe Wlad as a stalking counter puncher, with KO power in either hand, the same as Ortiz. And that style and approach is not going to work against a man with Fury's height, range, speed, and unpredictable movement.

Comment

are you using skin pigmentation to support your boxing opinions again?
          No. And what do you mean by "again"?

Comment

No. And what do you mean by "again"?
            I'll rephrase it for you. Are you STILL using skin pigmentation to base your boxing opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              the first paragraph might be true, but it was against wladimir klitschko, a top 10 heavyweight of all time. It wasn't som bum Wilder digged out of nowhere. It was THE guy.

Wilder isn't faster. His feet are slow as all hell and they are totally uncoordinated. He doesn't cut off the ring well and he's square on all the time. Look at how many times he's tripped over himself ffs. Which other heavyweight champ in history has done that?

He's got a decent, fast and powerful jab. But it comes in singles. Fury's is quicker, more educated and comes from a more difficult angle to read. Also Wilder swings and gets way too careless, plus he sticks his head out in front of his feet when he's on the attack. Literally amateur stuff.

All this will work against the likes of Molina, Szpilka, Arreola or Duhaupas or that level of fighter. But at world class, it'll get exposed and that's why he's not fighting any top level fighters.
              We've been down this road before. You obviously see something in Fury I just don't see. I'll stand by my statement, the first quality heavyweight that can punch and is fighting an aggressive fight, puts Furys lights out.

Comment

I'll rephrase it for you. Are you STILL using skin pigmentation to base your boxing opinions?
                And I'll rephrase my qustion to you.

When do you think I've done that before?

Comment

And I'll rephrase my qustion to you.

When do you think I've done that before?
                  Your posts fall into two categories. Their either something positive about Fury, Kovalev, or g string (white) or something negative about Ward, Floyd or Canelo (not white). Just coincidence I'm sure.................

Comment

We've been down this road before. You obviously see something in Fury I just don't see. I'll stand by my statement, the first quality heavyweight that can punch and is fighting an aggressive fight, puts Furys lights out.
                    I don't think so. Wilder's primitive skills would get exposed by the first world class fighter he faces.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      I don't think so. Wilder's primitive skills would get exposed by the first world class fighter he faces.
                      I just don't see how you could view Furys skill being much more evolved than Wilders. Add in Furys weak chin and BOOM goes the dynamite!

Comment

Working...
                      X