Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: P. Fury: Tyson Will Return in April/May, We Want Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Why is that match made? Fury quit on his belts, why does he get a chance at the champ without contending first? If there's money brought to Wilder's table then it's to be considered but other than that Fury is someone who needs to reapply as a contender.

Make him fight the other contenders to "EARN" his position. No gifts to that quitter!

Ray
    Do me a favour mate. Which contenders did Molina, Duhaupus, Szpilka, Arreola and Andre frigging Wawryzk beat to earn their shot at Wilder?
    Last edited by kafkod; 12-26-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
      Tyson will need a tuneup. Ortiz would be perfect.
      Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Don't be ridiculous. Ortiz is the second best in the division imo. A harder fight than Wilder by a long shot.
      Styles make fights. Ortiz is a better all round fighter than Wilder. But Wilder's style - or lack of it - would make him a more dangerous proposition for Fury than Ortiz would be.

Having seen Ortiz against a mobile, evasive opponent in Malik Scott, I think he is absolutely made to order for Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Styles make fights. Ortiz is a better all round fighter than Wilder. But Wilder's style - or lack of it - would make him a more dangerous proposition for Fury than Ortiz would be.

Having seen Ortiz against a mobile, evasive opponent in Malik Scott, I think he is absolutely made to order for Fury.
        I've never bought into the Ortiz hype. I thought he looked pretty ordinary in stretches against Thompson, and it was that fight which convinced me that Tyson would have a field day with him. Only Ortiz's power concerns me, but if he can't get his feet set then the danger is diminished considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
          Wilder more coordinated than Fury? That's a complete joke.

Fury has no pure boxing skills? Change your name.
          You don't have to be really coordinated to be more so than Fury.

When did you start thinking Fury had pure boxing skills? Was it when he was put hard on his azz by a light hitting cruiser weight or when he walked around doing next to nothing in the twelve round pose fest vs a suddenly gun shy Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

When did you start thinking Fury had pure boxing skills? Was it when he was put hard on his azz by a light hitting cruiser weight or when he walked around doing next to nothing in the twelve round pose fest vs a suddenly gun shy Wlad?
            Fury absolutely is a pure boxer. Getting knocked down doesn't change that.

He did next to nothing because he didn't have to. That speaks to his high ring IQ and defensive prowess, not his inabilities.
            Last edited by LoadedWraps; 12-26-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

The latter.

When did you start thinking Wilder had more coordination than Fury? Was it when he wildly swung his arms around in, oh, every single fight?
              Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 12-27-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

The Furious One would make a monkey out of old King Kong.

Comment

I cant wait

Comment

Hey "me mattie" I don't know and I don't care, they should have earned it also I'd guess. Maybe it was a Wilder promotion using Wilder money? Ya think?
                    It doesn't stop making Fury a quitter and a fool, does it?
                    Just another jerk who gets a few dollars and acts like a moron.
                    It's not like there's an old lesson to be learned is there?

Me mattie............ho ho ho........all Fury the quitter.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Hey "me mattie" I don't know and I don't care, they should have earned it also I'd guess. Maybe it was a Wilder promotion using Wilder money? Ya think?
                      It doesn't stop making Fury a quitter and a fool, does it?
                      Just another jerk who gets a few dollars and acts like a moron.
                      It's not like there's an old lesson to be learned is there?

Me mattie............ho ho ho........all Fury the quitter.

Ray
                      Shiver me timbers ... Fury ain't no quitter.

Ye be gargling too much grog, me old hearty.

Comment

Working...
                      X