Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing we haven't seen before. Sanctioning bodies do this all the time. Fans will whine just because this time Canelo is concerned.

I wish the WBO was replaced by the IBO as one of four major organizations though. They have been on Arum's back pocket for a while now. Take a look at the champions from 122-147. That's ridiculous.

Comment

There are 2 things in boxing that are more important than anything else. The first is money, and no-one can remember what the second is

Comment

Until Canelo has actually fought at the middle weight limit and not under so as to avoid the real middleweight champion then having him at no.1 contender is a joke.The WBC have Khan no.1 that clown has never fought a top contender.The fighters should just drop these bloodsuckers and refuse to pay their ridiculous sanctioning fees.
        It's all about money we know but these bodies stop some truly good fights happening and upsets as the chosen money man will be matched more carefully to avoid a 'money crash'.
        The sanctioning bodies are pretty pathetic and need pulling!

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
          A fight for the undisputed championship may be bigger overall but in reality after Danny Jacobs there are no worthy challengers at middleweight so the sooner GGG and Canelo fight the better.
          What about a fight with either Eubank Jr or Khurtsidze?

Comment

The best interests of boxing, translates into thanks for paying my mortgage for the year. Love how they cast aside the top contender for someone who's never fought at the actual weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
              Blatant business bull****. Canelo hasn't even moved to MW yet.

Since Khurtsidze is already mando and is overdue his titleshot they should make it a face off between him and Canelo for Saunders.
              Yeah I bet you pay for that..then you be crying why is Canelo vs. Khursiaoao PPV? awhhhh! another point : anything above 154 is middleweight, the limit is 160 Canelo is the lineal champion and current WBO champion @ 154.
              Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
              I don't get how guys sit there and continually say who has so and so fought, then go right around and defend the actions that don't let the fighter prove himself. You scream about resumes all the time but are ok with the business side of **** when it's convenient. You can't step if you never get the chance.
              This guy kurhjahlta has been a pro before Canelo ( 2002 ) hes 37 now whats his excuse? another GGG type euro.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
                I wish the WBO was replaced by the IBO as one of four major organizations though. They have been on Arum's back pocket for a while now. Take a look at the champions from 122-147. That's ridiculous.
                People just need to realize the WBO is not an equal to the WBC, IBF and WBA. We don't need the IBO to replace the WBO as #4 because there shouldn't be a #4.

The WBO title has never been treated as an equal in the industry. It's just the Top Rank/HBO title because Haymon, Hearn, etc are all aligned and control the real world titles. So Top Rank/HBO hide behind the easiest belt they can get their hands on, even though it has no legitimate history.

Who in their right mind looks at the list of WBO heavyweight champions and looks at the list of WBC heavyweight champions and considers the two titles equal? It's ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
                  What about a fight with either Eubank Jr or Khurtsidze?
                  I don't think either of these 2 pose a threat or have faced enough competition to prove that they belong at number 1. I think that unless some of the light middleweights move up, then Danny Jacobs and Canelo are the only threats to Golovkin at middleweight.

Comment

As Canelo is already negotiating 2 other fights for 2017 this basically means BJS gets another year of bum fights instead of having to face anybody. Another favour for Warren's boys. Plus they can sell each bum fight as 'you know we're facing Canelo next so it's ok this opponent only has one arm' kind of thing.

Also another case of DLH looking like a joke. Only a week or two ago he was saying how poor BJS is and how they weren't as interested in facing him now. And at the same time he was on the phone to the WBO getting Alvarez a mandatory shot at the guy "yeah he's a shit fighter, that's why we're gonna push to be his mandatory ASAP" would've been more accurate.

I do think GBP will eventually make the GGG fight for September but this gives them an easy plan B if either Chavez or GGG ask for more money than they want to pay and gives Saunders another year to talk **** on twitter about legit fighters while facing obscure journeymen.

Comment

This is some bull****! They should force Saunders to fight Khurtsidze ASAP! If Saunders chose not to fight Khurtsidze, the they could find someone to face Khurtsidze for the vacant title! Hopefully that someone would be Canelo!

Comment

Working...
                      X