Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I have no probs with this considering he is their JMW champ having absolutely smashed smith.

All these brits getting canelo paydays haha, khan, smith, now bjs

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Respect. These cry babies are always moaning like pregnant women, like they really want to see kuurhakatal over a Canelo-Saunders showdown!
        I think more people would be willing to accept this if Khurtsidze hadn't already earned his mandatory shot and had to wait longer than the rules state he should have to. While I can see how this is similar to Jorge Heiland, the #1 WBC rated middleweight, the difference is that the WBO is giving a shot to a fighter who hasn't fought above 155lbs before and hasn't officially moved up in weight yet. Maybe if Canelo had have had 1 fight at middleweight first it would make more sense, but to jump ahead of a mandatory that has had to wait for his shot, without having fought in that division before, shouldn't be happening in a 'professional' sport.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
          I think more people would be willing to accept this if Khurtsidze hadn't already earned his mandatory shot and had to wait longer than the rules state he should have to. While I can see how this is similar to Jorge Heiland, the #1 WBC rated middleweight, the difference is that the WBO is giving a shot to a fighter who hasn't fought above 155lbs before and hasn't officially moved up in weight yet. Maybe if Canelo had have had 1 fight at middleweight first it would make more sense, but to jump ahead of a mandatory that has had to wait for his shot, without having fought in that division before, shouldn't be happening in a 'professional' sport.
          Lineal. DEAL WITH IT.

Comment

very unfair, but that's the way it is in boxing these days.

I'm getting fed up with corruption in the sport, my interest is lessening. I'm beginning to feel like a fool for wasting my time following the sport so closely over the past decade.

Comment

I assumed they'd already done this...

Comment

Best interest of boxing = Money Talks ..

Comment

Khurtsidze needs his shot, Canelo already getting paid.

Comment

Blatant business bull****. Canelo hasn't even moved to MW yet.

Since Khurtsidze is already mando and is overdue his titleshot they should make it a face off between him and Canelo for Saunders.

Comment

I don't get how guys sit there and continually say who has so and so fought, then go right around and defend the actions that don't let the fighter prove himself. You scream about resumes all the time but are ok with the business side of **** when it's convenient. You can't step if you never get the chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X