Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Sure, everyone has a price.... Jacobs is getting $3 million I guess so Saunders will want at least that much... It would help if Saunders was with Hearn I think..
    I just don't see Saunders going anywhere near GGG as long as that Canelo payday is out there. He wouldn't even fight Jacobs, Stevens, Lemiuex, Monroe Jr, or Rosado while he protected that belt for a Canelo payday

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      very unfair, but that's the way it is in boxing these days.

I'm getting fed up with corruption in the sport, my interest is lessening. I'm beginning to feel like a fool for wasting my time following the sport so closely over the past decade.
      I followed boxing in the 70's 80's then lost interest until about 3 years ago. The inability of boxing to make the best fights in a timely manner is a kick in the teeth to fans and a shot in the foot of boxing.
      Nobody wants to lose that zero - that is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I just don't see Saunders going anywhere near GGG as long as that Canelo payday is out there. He wouldn't even fight Jacobs, Stevens, Lemiuex, Monroe Jr, or Rosado while he protected that belt for a Canelo payday
        Would Canelo get him more than $3m? I'm not sure about that

Especially considering that Golovkin would fight BJS in the UK and live on primetime BT Sport, whereas the Canelo fight would have to be on American soil

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I'm not sure the payday at this point is going to be much different... If Chavez jr is getting $5 million and Jacobs is getting $3 for his fight, how much is Saunders worth? Certainly less than Chavez jr, maybe on par with Jacobs.. If K2 wants that title they're gonna have cave in like they did for Jacobs and pay more than market value again.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Common for a fighter to be given a shot at the same orgs belt when moving up. Shut your whining.
            I thought everyone knew that??? That's exactly why he chose Smith instead of some other 154lber. Having no belt against GGG would be a much tougher sale in negotiations.

Comment

Canelo has plenty of options.

Golovkin can accept the $15million or be stuck fighting bums after Jacobs while Canelo fights Chavez in a huge fight and then takes Saunders' belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                Blatant business bull****. Canelo hasn't even moved to MW yet.

Since Khurtsidze is already mando and is overdue his titleshot they should make it a face off between him and Canelo for Saunders.

According to ggg nuthuggers Canelo has been fighting at MW (155) for awhile. Now that he's mandatory he hasn't fought at MW. Make up your mind. Either he has or he hasn't. You can't use this excuse to hype up ggg.

Comment

Khurt is too old to be wasting time with this bull****. Whoever his manager/promoter are, they are dropping the ball with an entertaining fighter.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 12-22-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Total BS, Why didn't GGG fight Khurtsidze to get that mando spot to fight Saunders before Canelo did? Now, GGG is screwed.

Canelo will take that mando spot, Saunders will cash out his belt and Canelo will keep the WBO belt far away from GGG as possible. Ugh...I think I'm gonna throw up

Comment

sucks for White Mike Khurtsidze, but this was foreseen. Canelo's end goal is to have the GGG fight for all the marbles.

Comment

Working...
                      X